Teacher Training Schools
Certificate IV in TESOL
Who is the Certificate IV TESOL programme suitable for?
Our programme is designed for those wanting to teach English, either in Australia or overseas.
The course is suitable for you if:
* You are interested in working in TESOL, or
* You are a qualified teacher and wish to specialize in ESL, or
* You have had some teaching experience overseas and now want to seek accreditation to work in Australia
By the end of the programme, you will have:
* developed your understanding of contemporary TESOL theories and methodologies, & know how to apply these to effect in the classroom
* Honed your teaching and gained confidence through extensive teaching practice in BROWNS English Language School
* Graduated with a government-accredited ESL qualification, and accreditation to work in Australia or overseas, dependent on other qualifications
* Received advice and assistance in seeking TESOL work in and outside Australia
Certificate IV TESOL is a short intensive course that offers basic training in teaching English to other languages. Participants are given an introduction to techniques of classroom management and assessment, presentation techniques, lesson preparation and analysing language for communicative purposes.
The course is highly practical and a major emphasis is placed on practice teaching. Participants work collaboratively to prepare and teach lessons, progressing to taking sole responsibility for a two-hour lesson.
* Apply Adult TESOL Methodologies to Develop English language skills
* Design and Develop Learning Strategies
* Design and Develop Learning Resources
* Identify and use Basic Grammatical Concepts and Traditional Metalanguage
* Plan an Integrated Lesson using Communicative Language Teaching Methodology
* Use the Terminology of Traditional Grammar and Locater Information in a Grammar Textbook
* 9 weeks
* First Saturday & Sunday all day Introductory Workshop
* Wednesday evenings from 5:00pm - 8:30pm & Saturday mornings from 9:00 am - 12:30pm
Students will also be expected to commit time outside of lessons to research and reading, assignments & lesson preparation. Students should set aside approximately 10 hours outside of classtime each week for additional study.
BROWNS English Language SchooL
Level 1, 8 Scarborough Street
Southport 4215 QLD
Tel: (07) 5561 1192
Fax: (07) 5561 1196
COURSE FEES & MATERIALS:
$2250 including textbook and reading materials
DATES & SCHEDULES 2010
15 May - 9 July
9 October - 4 December
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Enroll for our next course by 15 April and pay only $1995!
The programme is designed for native English speakers and high-level non native speakers, and candidates must meet the following requirements:
* Minimum. successful completion Year 12 or equivalent
* Successful completion of pre-entry language task and interview
* 6.5 IELTS result, with no band score less than 6 (for non-native speakers)
Contact us now! Ask a question or apply now by emailing Ms Claire Firat: [email protected]