Teacher Training Schools
ATA Advanced TESOL Certificate
ATA Professional TESOL Certificate
ATA Professional TESOL Diploma
Our goal is to produce excellent teachers who will meet or exceed the demands of the English learners, who not only need to learn English in theory, but most importantly, need to know how to use the language effectively in everyday situations.
Our most popular program is our 120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate program. This program continues to rapidly grow in popularity, and has gained overwhelming worldwide respect and recognition. We have trained thousands of students in the past 4 years who have completed our programs. This respect and recognition is shown by the schools and recruiters that are hiring our graduates.
We offer excellent educational value, flexible study options, and we are successful in producing world-class English language teachers that are highly sought after around the world.
A company's greatest assets are its staff. Here at ATA we are very proud to say that our staff are without a doubt out most valuable asset. A true commodity that we would not trade.
As you can see our staff family is made up of people from not only Australia, but from all corners of our Wonderful planet. We believe the knowledge they bring from abroad only benefits us in giving you better knowledge of the overseas market. We also encourage overseas students being given the chance to intern in Australian business therefore giving them the chance to practice their English speaking and listening skills in everyday business practice.
Their support of one another during the daily running of our business is second to none.
We also have a diverse group of agents who are both dynamic and devoted to delivering our customers with up to date information about our ever changing and ever growing industry.
Together our head office staff and our field agents make up an ESL team to be rivaled by none.
We are constantly looking for new and improved ways to deliver information and better service to you, our valued customers.
The Core "Standard TESOL Course" qualifies you to teach English in over 80 countries around the world, even at home. Material covers TESOL communication, conversation, listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, writing, grammar, and overseas employment. Specifically, we will cover these topics:
- Preparing to Teach English Overseas
- 40 Classroom TESOL Approaches and Methods
- Conversation, Pronunciation and Communication
- Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Lesson Planning and Teacher Preparation
- Phonology and Linguistics
- Grammar Review
- Communicative Approach
- Activity-Based Learning
- Promoting Dynamic Student/Teacher Interaction
- Teacher and Student Role Reversal
- Video Training and Analysis
- Music, Song, and Media for Language Acquisition
- Teaching Philosophy (Positive Attitude, Humour)
- English for Special Purposes (Courses and Career Options)
- Overseas Teaching/Work/Travel Information and Tips
- Culture Shock
- Finding an English Teaching Job Overseas
- Current Employment Contacts and Connections
- Obtaining Tutoring Contracts in Addition to your Regular TESOL Employment
- Teaching/Tutoring Locally
- TESOL and the Internet
- The Hidden Secrets on How to Make the Most Money Possible while Teaching Overseas