Teacher Training Schools
The mission of OhioTESOL, an affiliate of TESOL, is to develop the professional expertise of its members and others involved in educating those learners for whom English is a non-native language by:
- advocating for the TESOL profession at the local, state and federal levels;
- promoting professional development;
- acting as a resource in the dissemination of information;
- improving standards for high-quality instruction;
- promoting better employment conditions;
- encouraging opportunities for networking, interaction, leadership and research; and
- promoting respect for the language rights and culture of all people.
OhioTESOL, an association of teachers of English to speakers of other languages, provides professional representation, resources, and expertise in support of institutions and individuals dedicated to the education of learners for whom English is a non-native language.
The Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program:
Sponsored by the United States Department of State, the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program arranges: direct one-to-one classroom exchanges to over thirty countries for teachers at all levels. Most exchanges occur for an academic year. Argentina, Mexico, and the United Kingdom offer fall-semester exchanges. The United Kingdom and Morocco offer six-week exchanges.
In addition to the teacher exchanges, there are administrative exchange opportunities in Argentina, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Mexico, Romania, the Slovak Republic, Thailand, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Oman, Jordan, and Uruguay currently offer opportunities to host incoming administrators during site visits to the United States. Germany offers a two-week special program for U.S. principals to study school systems there for several weeks.
The program also offers eight-week seminars in Italy or Greece for teachers of Italian, Latin, Greek or the Classics.