Teacher Training Schools
Our certificate program is designed for those who teach English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to children. Focus on 6 to 12 year old children, but also very young learners and early teens.
Also online: All major universities around the globe are making the switch to online learning. Taking a distance learning course requires an awareness that YOU are responsible for your own learning. It is a new way of teaching and a new way of learning — a method that requires the learners to shift their minds into other modes of thinking. The reward is more freedom and greater flexibility in learning.
Here are some of the features of the CertTEYL Online Course:
- Your own personal tutor with unlimited contact time. The tutor is willing to help you with any concern about TEYL in the course or in the classroom.
- Interactive quizzes and activities with immediate feedback. For written work, you will receive a quick response from your tutor.
- An online Forum, discussion board, to interact with other course participants. You can exchange ideas with other teachers and TEYL professionals.
- Start at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Work at your own pace and work from any computer in the world that has Internet access.
- Community Notes is available IF you want to share your notes with other course participants. You can search through your community notes and those of the other course participants.
- My Notes is available to keep your PERSONAL NOTES. These notes will remain private and for your use only.
- There is both an electronic and a printable version of the Progress Checklist. You can keep track of what you have done and what you still have left to do in the course.
- Keep yourself organized with a My TTD List — a simple "Things to Do" program. The list is for your private use.
- Your grades are always available to you online through the My Grades program. Grades are usually available within 24 hours of submitting your work.
- Included is also a web site Resource Guide with hundreds of ideas for TEYL, a Glossary, and a Guide to Internet Resources to help you complete the course.
- Free publication of your certification paper in an international journal (if you choose this option). The International TEYL Journal ISSN 1705-6268
- Practical training in the classroom is available as an option.