This year, let's commemorate JFK's birthday with some famous John F. Kennedy quotes. Eighty-nine years ago on May 29th a man was born who would change our country forever. A man who, while not perfect, was adored by the nation he served. Here are twelve famous John F. Kennedy quotes to remember him by.
1. "Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
2. "Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation."
3. "We stand for freedom. That is our conviction for ourselves; that is our only commitment to others."
4. "A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality."
5. "And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."
6. "Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder."
7. "We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
8. "Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource."
9. "The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
10. "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
11. "A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on."
12. "A revolution is coming - a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough - but a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character, we cannot alter its inevitability."
He was a man taken before his time. The words he spoke are a legacy -- a gift of wisdom and insight to future generations. Let us remember these truths as we commemorate the day of his birth with these twelve John F Kennedy quotes.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the inspirational quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.