Why is now the perfect time for Dr. Seuss quotes? Because silly! The birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel is right around the corner. But who is Theodor, you say? None other than Dr. Seuss himself! With the birthday of a legend upon us (and a Dr. Seuss movie about to be released) there's never been a better time to revisit our favorite Dr. Seuss sayings. Here are my Top 14.
1. "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
2. "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
3. "How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?"
4. "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!"
5. "I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights."
6. "A person's a person, no matter how small."
7. "Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!"
8. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
9. "My alphabet starts with this letter called yuzz. It's the letter I use to spell yuzz-a-ma-tuzz."
10. "Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."
11. "When at last we are sure, you've been properly pilled, then a few paper forms, must be properly filled, so that you and your heirs, may be properly billed."
12. "And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed."
13. "I'm sorry to say so but sadly it's true, that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you."
14. "So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
And on that note, I'll complete this list of my top 14 favorite Dr. Seuss quotes. As a child I thought Dr. Seuss was just the most amusing writer ever. As an adult, I realize the inspiration and deeper meaning he ingrained into my subconscious during those tender years. Our parents raised us, but Dr. Seuss nurtured our imagination and soul. Let these 14 Dr. Seuss quotes be a reminder of that.
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.