If you're looking for Ann Landers quotes, you're actually looking for words written by a Ms. Esther Pauline Friedman Lederer. Confused? Many people are. See, the thing is, Ann Landers was the persona, not the person. Esther (lovingly referred to as "Eppie") was the wisdom behind the words. Ready for some samples of the in-your-face advice that won over the masses? These quotes are for you...
1. "At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other."
2. "Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
3. "One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your three closes friends; if they seem OK, then you're the one."
4. "The Lord gave us two ends - one to sit on and the other to think with. Success depends on which one we use the most."
5. "One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody everything before you go to bed."
6. "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim."
7. "Nobody says you must laugh, but a sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, and smile through the day."
8. "Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It's the sure footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life."
9. "Too many people today know the price of everything and the value of nothing."
10. "If you want to save face, keep the lower half shut."
11. "Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, the most comforting words of all; This, too, shall pass."
12. "No person who can read is ever successful at cleaning out an attic."
14. "Asking a writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Insightful? Yes. Funny? Definitely. Ann Landers wasn't just helpful, she was entertaining to boot. Let's celebrate the birthday of the woman behind the persona this year. Let the above Ann Landers quotes remind us of the genius that went into the words behind the woman.
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.