Why is Ice Cream Month the right month for friendship quotes? Because what better way is there to celebrate friendship than over a banana split or fudge brownie sundae? Even when we're little, we run hand in hand with our best friends as the ice cream truck comes up the street. Let's remember the best friendship has to offer (including sunny summer days with sweet icy treats) with these twelve heartwarming friendship quotes...
1. "There is nothing we like to see so much as the gleam of pleasure in a person's eye when he feels that we have sympathized with him, understood him. At these moments something fine and spiritual passes between two friends. These are the moments worth living." ~ Don Marquis
2. "When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." ~ Henri Nouwen
3. But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine. ~ Thomas Jefferson
4. "Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years." ~ Richard Bach
5. "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." ~ Helen Keller
6. "Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light." ~ Albert Schweitzer
7. "In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." ~ Kahlil Gibran
8. "Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away." ~ George Eliot
9. "True friendship is like sound health, the value of it is seldom known until it be lost." ~ Charles Caleb Colton
10. "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~ Bernard Meltzer
11. "What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." ~ Aristotle
12. "Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." ~ Bible, John 15:13
It's true - no matter much money you have or how successful you are, it all means nothing without a few good friends to share it with. Let's celebrate our friendships during this year's Ice Cream Month. Get your friends together and share a big bowl of ice cream and these great friendship quotes to kick off the celebration.
For more friendship quotes, check out the popular friendship quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.