We have all been through intense periods of work and study and for ESL students this is usually around exam periods. At this time it easy to lose motivation to keep up your exercise activity and regime. Really this is the time to up it. Exercise keeps you fit and healthy and clears your mind making it easier to learn and assimilate info. So below are some motivational tips for staying on top of health and fitness so you can keep your inspiration during exams and study.
- Eat healthy foods. Resist the temptation to buy cheap takeaway. It is just going to put you to sleep...then you will have to buy a coffee anyway!
- Keep exercising. It keeps you fresh, motivated, enthusiastic and gets your outdoors for a while.
- Maintain a regular pattern. Try and study consistently rather than cramming. Then coming towards exams you won't have to worry as you will be up to speed.
- Reduce stimulant intake. To much caffeine or energy drinks effect your nerves and concentration. Save them for emergency late night study only.
- Keep you motivation on life up. Listen to inspirational speakers or motivational speakers while you study or read motivational quotes, you are running a learning marathon
- Join a group/club or gym and attend it on a regular basis.
- Get outdoors, even if it's just for a few minutes have a break from the books and get back to it with some fresh air in your lungs.