Learn to TEACH English with TECHNOLOGY. Free course for American TESOL students.

TESOL certification course online recognized by TESL Canada & ACTDEC UK.

Visit Driven Coffee Fundraising for unique school fundraising ideas.

Texas ISD School Guide
Texas ISD School Guide

Know Your Rights

Re: Chinese Residency Visa
By:Turnoi, the Only One and Real Turnoi
Date: 25 June 2014
In Response To: Chinese Residency Visa (Kim Smith)

Yes, what they can do is inform the PSB that you don't work any longer for them because your residence permit is tied to your current employer.

But what you can do is not show up at the PSB so they can't cancel the permit in your passport. Just look for different employment at a better school in another province and ask them to sponsor a new residence permit. You have to do a medical check again perhaps and some paperwork, but then you might be done, and nobody - even your previous employer - can kick you out of China!

Therefore, be careful and don't hand over your passport to your employer or to the PSB!

Messages In This Thread

Chinese Residency Visa -- Kim Smith -- 24 June 2014
Re: Chinese Residency Visa -- Turnoi, the Only One and Real Turnoi -- 25 June 2014
Re: Chinese Residency Visa -- Anthony -- 19 August 2015

Go to another board -