Travel in India
Golden Triangle tour is a tourist circuit which covers three major cities in India. The cities are Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan. The route for these three places are in the shape of a triangle, hence it is named as the Golden triangle. Each of these places carries its own uniqueness in culture, heritage and the experience they have to offer. This is one of the most famous routes taken by the tourists. Normally the tourist would first arrive to New Delhi which is the capital city of India. Then they move south to Agra and then move the west to reach Rajasthan. This article would speak about the top 10 places in order to visit in your journey of the Golden triangle.
• India gate – This is structure which is beatufily built in the interiors of New Delhi. This was built for the martyrs of Indian War I among the rich lawns surrounding it. With its rich lighting in the evening, with some local food is a great experience.
• Red Fort – This is a monument which was constructed in the year 1639 by a very famous Mughal king called Shah Jahan. This was built as he wanted to change the capital of his empire to New Delhi. Presently it is one of the preservered monuments.
• Lotus Temple – This is a temple located to the South of Delhi. It is a eye catching edifice which is built by the Bahi’s community. The serity offered by the temple is unique.
• Qutub Minar – This monument was constructed in the southern part of Delhi at a place called Mehrauli. A king called Qutub-ud Aibek built this temple on a fluted red stone. This building carries some Arabic designs and versus from the Holy Quoran mentioned on it.
• Chandni Chowk – This is a market which is created by the king Shah Jahan which is close to the historic monuments Red Fort and the Jumma Masjid. This is the Asia’s largest wholesale market.
• Taj Mahal – This is a historical monument built in the ancient history peroid by a king called Shah Jahan to express his love for his wife Mumtaz. This is one among the Seven Wonders of the World.
• Jaipur – This is the capital city of Rajasthan and is also known as the ‘Pink City’. It has some important monuments like Amber fort, Jantar Mantar and the Hawa Mahal city palace which are unique in their constructions.
• Jodhpur – This is located near Jaipur and is also known as the ‘Blue city’ of Rajasthan. It is famous for Mehrangarh fort, Umed Bhavan palace and for its authentic Rajastani cuisine.
• Jaisalmer – This city is known as the Golden city of Rajasthan. This place is known for its historic monuments like the Jaisalmer fort. This place is suitable for safari and camel rides.
• Mount Abu – This place has the only hill resort located in Rajastan. This place is famous for Dilwara temples, Nakki Lake and the Guru Shikhar temple.
These are a few important places to visit on your Golden Triangle tour.