Learn to TEACH English with TECHNOLOGY. Free course for American TESOL students.

TESOL certification course online recognized by TESL Canada & ACTDEC UK.

Visit Driven Coffee Fundraising for unique school fundraising ideas.

Texas ISD School Guide
Texas ISD School Guide

English schools in Europe

Spain - Barcelona
School:American School of Barcelona

The American School of Barcelona, established in 1962, is a non-profit, private co-educational day school. The school was established to provide an American education to students from the local and international communities of Barcelona. It is owned by a parent's association which elects a Board of Governors. The American School of Barcelona is authorized by the Spanish Ministry of Education and accredited by Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges. The school provides a basic American instructional program. The nature of the school permits it's students to follow the US curriculum from preschool to twelfth grade while at the same time enables them to become integrated in the culture and language of the host country.

The school's experienced faculty is predominantly North American, with degrees from North American universities and certification in their respective areas. Fifteen percent are recruited hires who usually remain from two to four years. The student body is 55% Spanish, mixed with 40 other nationalities comprising the remaining 45%.

The American School of Barcelona is located in Esplugues on the outskirts of the city. There are two main buildings which include classrooms, three science labs, a library, computer room, art room, and lunch room. Sports facilities include two basketball courts, soccer field, gym and sports dressing rooms. There is a new purpose built Early Childhood Center on campus, yet separated with its own playground.

Accredited by The Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools (USA) Authorized by Spanish Ministry for Education & Catalan Department of Education.

Preschool (age 3) through Grade 12 (COU).

Cutting Edge Technology Program - Computers in all classrooms with Internet connection. Networked computer lab with Internet connection. A wide variety of educational software.

Go to another board -