ESL Jobs in Korea
Date: 20 August 2014
Best of Seoul: up to 2.4, roundtrip air, competitive benefits and guaranteed contracts! (Sept/Oct)
Est. 1961. 50yrs & still Korea’s #1 ESL Org. Choose Prime/Central Seoul- Gyeonggi-do locations with Pre-Paid Air, 100% Job Stability + All Benefits. Bypass recruiting agencies dealing directly with YBM Head Office for Honest & Professional processing
Benefits you receive with YBM ECC which other schools may not provide:
- Competitive salary of 2.0 million to 2.4 million won per month with
- RENT FREE, furnished, single housing within walking distance to the school
- Teach from Monday to Friday (no Saturday classes)
- 26 teaching hours per week; fewer hours than the average contract in Korea
- Avoid wide split-shift schedule (working mornings and evenings) from teaching adults
- Guaranteed contracts; you will always be paid on time and in full by the YBM Head Office
- Prepaid air tickets, not reimbursed, from the nearest major home city of prospective teachers.
- Relocation allowance 200,000 won
- Visa Fee Subsidy 50,000 won
- Korean National Medical Insurance
- Compliance with the Pension tax refund for qualifying teachers
- Year-end completion bonus/severance (one extra month’s salary)
- Vacation days (10 days plus all Korean National holidays)
- Medical testing provided and paid for by YBM
- Paid Orientation and training with our teacher trainer.
Positions at the end of September 2014
Nowon ECC (walking disaetance to Sanggye Station Line 4 & Junggye Station Line 7) is located in Nowon city, a hotspot within Northern Seoul. There are many amenities instructors may enjoy and the location is close to the famous University Street of Seoul, where the young populations of South Korea visit to have a coffee and watch a play. Nowon is a district well known for numerous Hagwons and there is a big foreign community within the city.
Positions at the end of October 2014
Sungbuk ECC (2 min walk from Sunghin Women’s Univ. Station line 4) is perfect for the instructor looking to mingle with the young Korean University crowd as it is located in a popular college district. Teachers at this school are also just a short subway ride away from the famous Dongdaemun market; only two stops away from the popular Daehangno (College Street) district, filled with many clubs, bars, shops, cafes and live performances, and prime attractions such as Hongdae and Itaewon are within convenient transportation distances.
Gwangmyweong ECC (walking distance from Seoul only 1 minute away from Cheolsan Subway Station, line 7) is a great location which offers a great balance of nature and an urban city life. Near the school, there are many mountains for hiking enthusiasts or just a beautiful scenic view for everyone to enjoy. Furthermore, the school is located close to the Hongdae/Sinchon area where there are many amenities the younger generation enjoys and Cheolsan subway is conveniently connected to the Gangnam district and other regions of Seoul.
Gangdong ECC (1 minute walk from Godeok Station exit 4) is located in the eastern part of Seoul just South of Han River. This area of Seoul is filled with many types of greenery as it is closed to the Dongmyeong Park, King Onjo Stadium and Olympic Park. Gangdong ECC is also close to Cheonho Station, a very busy area with many restaurants, clubs, bars and drinking establishments. Not far away as well, Lotte World the largest amusement park in Asia is at Jamsil station and areas such as Gangnam is only a short commute away.
Dongtan ECC is located in the city of Hwaseong, just a little south from the capital city of Seoul. The urban life-style without the congestion and pollution of Seoul is charm of living in the neighborhood of Dongtan. Transportation to Seoul is easy as there are numerous express buses heading to Seoul in frequent intervals. As well, Dongtan neighborhood is home to residential skyscrapers with towers reaching 249m (66th stories) which is the third-tallest residential skyscraper in South Korea. There are shopping malls filled with amenities and lots of greeneries in this location.
- A Native English speaker from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland.
- Qualifications for the E2 Visa – Apostilled Bachelor’s Degree and Apostilled Criminal background check
How to Apply:
Qualifying applicants should submit a cover email, resume, and a recent photo. Also, please indicate the status of your E2 visa documents or e-mail them over if you have them in order.
YBM Head Office
What to expect: Qualified applicants will be contacted by the YBM head office and given further instructions on the next step.
YBM/SISA founded in 1961 generated more than 420 million dollars ($US) revenues last year combining our publishing division, education division and testing division. YBM publishes Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, Reader’s Digest in South Korea and is the official test administer for the TOEIC Exam as well as the Microsoft Office User Exam. Be part of the largest and most well known education based corporation in Korea offering career opportunities with chance advancement throughout various divisions.