Date: 17 November 2017
UME: SIMON CORCORAN
1) Personal details:
Name: Simon Corcoran email: [email protected]
Age: 49 Skype: simonsays1309
Nationality: British mobile: 0126-486-3476
Marital Status: Single
1) Lancaster University 1985-1988: LL.B. (HONS) Degree in Law (Second Class)
2) Sheffield Hallam University 1990-1991: Post Graduate Certificate in TESOL (Grade B: Merit)
3) Trinity College London 1991: Cert. TESOL (Grade B: Merit)
4) International Learning Centres 1993: Diploma in TESP in Business (Grade A)
5) Cambridge International Examinations 2001: Cert. IGCSE ESL. This qualifies me as an IGCSE ESL examiner.
6) IB Heads of School Category 1 workshop 2012 in Dubai. I passed this course enabling me to lead a school going through IB accreditation.
3) Professional Seminars and Workshops attended
1) Collaborative Learning in the Classroom 2006
2) Assessment Using Rubrics 2006
3) Backward Design for K-12 Curriculum 2006
4) Thai Ministry of Education Cultural Awareness Certificate 2009
5) Teaching students with EAL 2010
6) Attended two one day seminars at the British Council in HCMC concerning accurately marking the IELTS speaking and writing components 2014
7) Trained and Certified in the “I Can Read” system of language acquisition 2014
1) I worked at the International Pacific School in Bien Hoa teaching G7 and 8 Social Studies and G7-10 English under the CEFR program.
2) I am Director of Beacon English LLP, a British based IELTS partnership and also
run a successful website (www.beaconenglish.com). In addition, from 2014-2016 I
Worked as a Literacy Development Specialist for I CAN READ, Vietnam.
3) Deputy Academic Director for VMG 2012-2014. I was in charge of recruitment,
training, course development, selling corporate training courses and management of
all staff. I addition, I liaised with the British Council continuously to establish the
only approved IELTS testing centre in Dong Nai.
4) Eastern International University, Vietnam: 2011- 2012: I was Beginner level coordinator responsible for curriculum design and mentoring teachers in this level. I also taught an upper intermediate IELTS class and was responsible for training MOET teachers.
5) Myanmar International School Yangon (MISY) 2010-2011: I taught ESL to Grades 1-5 and Grammar and Writing to Grades 6 and 7 as well as IGCSE ESL. I was also the school’s careers counselor and Grade 6 Homeroom teacher. I was Head of EAL during this time teaching and implementing English through the mainstream curriculum.
6) St John’s International School Bangkok (North American Program) 2008-2010
I taught Year 13 Economics and Year 12 Business as well as
Year 12 English and Year 11 History. In addition, I was Head of Business
and careers counselor for Year 13. As acting Head of English I introduced
IELTS, TOEFL. SAT and GED into the curriculum.
7) Pan Asia International School Bangkok 2006- 2007: I was G2 homeroom
teacher teaching Language Arts, Science, Math, Health, Social Studies and
Ethics. I also passed WASC accreditation at this time.
8) BITS Thailand 2005-2006: I was employed here for a year as a corporate
training instructor at many leading Thai and multi-national companies.
9) Asian University 2004-2005: I was employed as the Senior English Instructor
at The College, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Humanities.
10) Bangkok University 1996-2000 and 2002-2004: I was a Coordinator at the
Language Institute and International College teaching a variety of courses
including: English for Legal Purposes, Marketing, Secretarial Studies, TOEFL
TOEIC, College writing, Communication Arts as well as courses in the regular
English program. During this time I had extensive experience teaching Business
11) Traill International School Bangkok 2000-2002: I was Head of ESL and Business
Studies during my time here. I taught FLE Years 4-9, Literature Years 8-10
I.T. Years 4-5, Business Studies IGCSE and ‘A’ Level, Economics
GCSE and IGCSE ESL. In addition, I was Head of Careers and organized
the School prom. I also liaised with the British Council in holding KET/PET
exams at the school. During my time here I passed WES accreditation.
12) Rajabhat University Loei 1995-1996: I taught general English classes, Tourism
and Business and was engaged in teacher training.
13) Yonsei University, Seoul 1992-1995: I was a Coordinator at the university responsible for materials and curriculum design and the mentoring of new teachers.
14) Pagoulatou-Vlachou Institute. Athens Greece 1991-1992: I taught FCE and
CPE as well as regular English classes.
1) Douglas Buchanan: Senior Instructor BITS, Thailand
2) Stuart Yates: Headmaster at The College at Asian University
3) Robert Milton: Vice-Principal, Traill International School
4) Rhys Tyers: Former Head of English, St. John’s International School
5) Andrew Matthews: Coordinator at RMIT, Vietnam
6) Mike Falvella: Former Head of Geography and Biology at St. John’s IS
7) Owner, KTV English Bien Hoa
8) Principal, International Pacific School Vietnam
All original documents are available on request.