Date: 13 February 2018
I am writing to submit my curriculum vitae for the position of the English Teacher. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in English from Voronezh State University in Russia and TEFL certificate from Global Language Training in England. Currently, I am a teacher of English language at the White Rabbit language school in Moscow. I am a citizen of Russia and want to further my professional experience by working abroad.
I offer your school practical skills and knowledge to increase English language capabilities of your students and effectively contribute to the teaching community.
The attached CV provides more details on my skills and qualification. Here is a brief snapshot of the knowledge and experience I would bring to your institution:
• 10 years of teaching experience, including work with very young learners, teenagers and adults
• Skilled in instructing students, monitoring and evaluating their performance
• Engage students in the learning process by using modern teaching strategies and technologies (Vimbox, Memrise, Linguoleo, Digital Field Trips, etc.)
• Able to effectively create a prolific educational environment to aid students’ learning and personal development
• Interact with students in a positive way to gain their respect and confidence, and assists them through troubling times
I constantly enhance my professional competencies. I am organized, responsible, dedicated and accomplished teacher. In addition, I have a great ability to communicate effectively with parents, coworkers and students.
I am looking forward to discussing in further details new opportunities available at your school. My study transcripts and references are available upon request.
Thank you for your consideration.
Enclosure: curriculum vitae
English Language Teacher
Voronezh, Russia 394086
E-mail: [email protected]
Date of Birth: 1984
Marital status: single
To obtain a position of an English Language Teacher for kids and teenagers.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• 10 years of teaching experience and passion to educate
• Development and implementation of practical classes and private lessons for children and adults
• Experienced in performing classroom management
• Ability to understand and support special needs of students during their learning process
• Skilled in using technology to make learning interactive and fun (short films, social media, podcasts, electronic whiteboard presentations, e-pals, video conferencing, etc.)
• Strong communicative and team-building skills supported by 10 years of verified employment
• Multi-cultural person with experience gained by travelling and studying abroad and locally
• TEFL certificate – Pass A
Global Language Training, London, England
• Bachelor's Degree in English teaching
Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
• Bachelor's Degree in History
Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
• TFL sustainment and enhancement instruction course, Voronezh Institution of Advanced Training, Voronezh, Russia, 2016
• Teaching Very Young Learners workshop, E-merging Forum 5, Moscow, Russia, 2015
• EFL Classroom research and practice seminar, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia, 2010
English online school White Rabbit
05/2016 – Present
• Develop and prepare lesson plans, exercises, examination cards and tests for children aged 6-13 years and adults
• Monitor students’ learning progress by using examination tests and quizzes
• Assist students in understanding different grammar concepts by providing them personalized approach
• Improve students’ knowledge by using different types of instructional media (short films, podcasts, social media, electronic whiteboard presentations, e-pals, video conferencing, etc.)
• Provide extra educative activities (role-plays, self-study projects, etc.)
• Guide online 1 hour to 2 hours English classes via Skype
Elementary English Teacher
Educative children center Erudite
02/2011 – 05/2016
• Created and implemented curriculums for English language classes for the 5–9 years old children accordingly to their needs, abilities and interests
• Performed classroom management adhering to local and state education regulations
• Developed and delivered PowerPoint presentations to students
• Improved children's English language competences by using individual approach and self-developed methodology
• Built social, moral and fine motor skills in children and discussed their needs with their parents
Secondary English Teacher
Private educational institution Intercom
02/2007 – 01/2011
• Prepared lesson plans and delivered weekly classes with exercises, examination cards and tests to children of grades 3-6
• Evaluated tests and monitored students’ progress
• Provided an appropriate feedback on written answers, listening and oral exercises
• Assessed strengths and weaknesses of students and provided them assistance with special coaching
• Organized cultural activities such as English competitions and English weeks
• Attended training workshops
• Increased scores of standardized English test in students by 30 % by implementing creative coursework into the curriculum
• Raised students’ scores in IELTS examination
• Developed effective methodology for improving children's competences in English language
• Organized 2 English competitions and 4 English weeks
• Initiated the Student English Conversation Club which helped many students communicate in real life setting
English (advanced), French (intermediate), Russian (native of bilingual proficiency).
MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, multimedia equipment (electronic whiteboard, video conferencing equipment, etc.) Skype, Adobe Photoshop.
Available upon request.