Date: 19 April 2017
I'm in need of an English teaching job. I am a teacher by profession and I have taught both Science and English to mostly middle school and high school students.
My my resume is copy-pasted below.
Mandaluyong City, 1550
(+63)936 209 5820
I am a licensed Physical Science teacher and I have taught Science for about seven years in total. I took TESOL and have taught ESL for almost three years.
I am interested to get an ESL teaching job.
English Teacher, Cloud English Teaching & Training
Pasig City, Metro Manila — 2016-2017
I taught ESL to Korean students via phone. i used e-books as a framework for discussions, and I posted my feedback on the student’s homepage. I also edited the students’ essays.
● Handled phone classes
● Edited students’ essays
Instructor, Isabela State University
Cauayan City, Isabela — 2015-2016
I taught General Physics to college students from various colleges. I tried to adapt the syllabi to the need of the students, according to their respective courses. I assisted my students apply the concepts they learn from class through demonstrative projects, project-making, and computer outputs, which are related to their fields.
● Prepared syllabus for each the five colleges I catered to.
● I coached my students come up with demonstrative projects relevant to their fields.
Science and English Teacher, Dumabato Integrated School
Maddela, Quirino — 2014-2015
I handled grades 7&10 Science classes, and grades 7&8 English classes. I put up a science, ornamental, and vegetable gardens.
I tried to give chances to my students to personally experience and apply scientific concepts by coaching them how to make demonstrative projects, engaging them in contributing herbal plants, and know the benefits that those plants can give to humans. When someone is bruised, get cut, etc, they run to the garden to get herbs.
● Coached the students come up with their own demonstrative projects by group.
● Had a ‘Demonstrative Project Exhibit and Presentation’ in the third quarter.
Science Instructor, King’s Colleges of the Philippines
Bayombong, , Nueva Vizcaya — 2013-2013
I taught basic Science classes to university students from various colleges. I coached my students come up with projects that would enrich their skills and knowledge in their respective fields. I put up an ornamental garden with the help of the students.
● Coached the students come up with their own projects that applies and demonstrate the scientific concepts they learned from class
● Tried to give activities and projects relevant to the students’ courses
Junior Physics Teacher, De La Salle Santiago Zobel
Alabang, Metro Manila — 2011-2012
I taught Physics to three junior classes.
● We had water-bottle rocket building and launching
● Had Optics demonstrative projects presentations
Physics Teacher, Xian Hi-Tech International School
Xian, Shaanxi — 2006-2007
I taught Physics to grades 11&12.
● I and my students tinkered with glasses and mirrors and came up with several optical projects.
● We had an exhibit of projects at the end of the school year.
Physics and General Science Teacher, Aldersgate High School
Solano, Nueva Vizcaya — 2001-2003
I taught Physics to grades 9&10, and General Science to grade 7.
● I handled an advisory class.
Philippine Normal University
Master of Arts in Education major in General Science — 2008-2015
I finished all my academic requirements and I passed the Comprehensive Exam. I just didn’t finish my thesis.
● Knows basic computer skills
● Fond of gardening, and in giving interactive and engaging tasks to students.