Date: 29 March 2018
Teaching Professional with 7 years of experience working with children and 4 years teaching.
Seeking new opportunity to begin working by the End of January 2018.
Currently enrolled and on track to receive TEFL certification from i-to-i (Love TEFL) https://www.i-to-i.com/.
American University, School of International Service Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts, International Studies (U.S. Foreign Policy Concentration – Europe) May 2014
American Baby International English Pizhou, Jiangsu Province, China
English Language Teacher and Foreign Teacher Supervisor December 2016-December 2017
• American Baby International English is a premier Shanghai-based English education company dedicated to educating young Chinese learners.
• Ensuring foreign teachers adhere to their contract and fulfill their roles and responsibilities
• Maintaining class scheduling
• Ensuring school maintains a safe and clean environment for visitors and students
• Directing foreign teachers to participate in marketing events and operations
• Training new foreign teachers to adhere to school’s policies, philosophy, and teaching expectations
• Leading internal training by observing, reviewing, and refining classes
• Acting as a liaison between foreign teachers and director of the school
• Resolving conflicts and complaints between foreign teachers and administration
As a teacher:
• Teaching classes following ABIE’s philosophy and methodology
• Lesson Planning and preparing for classes
• Supervising and grading tests: including placements, unit, midterm, and final tests
• Counseling students and parents
• Proactively participating in school’s extra-curricular activities and marketing
Matlen Silver Bridgewater, New Jersey
Resource Manager February 2016-August 2016
• Matlen Silver is a national IT staffing firm among the 97 fastest growing firms according to Staffing Industry Analysts’ 2014 List of Fastest-Growing U.S. Staffing and Talent Engagement Firms
• Strategize requirements to fill job positions with Account Managers for our clients
• Execute consultant search using online tools such as DICE, Career Builder, Indeed, and LinkedIn.
• Compile pipeline of consultants/candidates to retain as contacts for future job openings
• Determine qualifications by interviewing consultants, analyzing responses, and verifying references.
• Negotiate salaries with candidates to ensure their satisfaction while increasing profit margins.
• Coordinate interview process for the candidate and prepare them for their next job position as a consultant.
• Create and maintain relationships with candidates and consultants throughout entire recruiting cycle
• Set and achieve goals set by the company
Femto Scientific Somerset, New Jersey
Sales and Marketing Associate June 2015-February 2016
• Femto Scientific is a calibration company that provides calibration expertise for scientific instruments and lab products to Fortune 500 pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, hospitals, and universities.
• Responsible for managing and expanding the new Boston market, specifically in major universities such as Harvard, MIT, Boston University, Northeastern University, Tufts University, and Brown University.
• Created new contacts and retained current customers by visiting their offices and laboratories
• Created 100+ new customers in a span of 7 months in a very competitive market
• Lead a team of 2 service technicians in the Boston area and responsible for their daily assignments
• Able to identify emerging markets and capitalize on competitor’s weaknesses, improve client acquisition, and maintain client relationships
• Ongoing participation in pricing strategy and recommending improved selling prices to stay competitive
• Brought in more than $60,000 in (estimated) sales revenue in less than 7 months.
• Updated and maintained Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database with over 1000 contacts
• Assisted in the creation of social media strategy by creating new profiles and redesigning and enhancing content.
Rotor Clip Somerset, New Jersey
Marketing and Social Media Specialist June 2011-May 2015
• Rotor Clip is a manufacturing company that produces retaining rings and other types of fasteners for the automotive, aerospace, and other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
• Conducted market research for Marketing Department and directly reported to the Director of Global Marketing, using Google Analytics to generate reports
• Spearheaded and managed new social media strategy, which included updating platforms and profiles and redesigning and enhancing content.
• Managed Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn accounts by creating an audience and curating new posts.
Child Development Center of American University Washington, D.C.
Teacher’s Assistant February 2011-May 2014
• Supervised and assisted children with activities and ensured a safe environment
• Assisted teacher’s with child-care
• Helped supervisor with computer related tasks.
• Handled food preparation for children
• Assisted children who were learning English as a second language
Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) Somerset, New Jersey
After-School Counselor February 2008-August 2010
• Supervised and assisted children with their homework
• Coordinated activities such as games and exercises as a summer camp counselor
• Helped integrate the CATCH (Coordinated Approach to Children’s Health) program into the daily schedule of the children by organizing games that put them through rigorous to moderate exercise
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST