Date: 24 October 2018
My name is Dorothea, I am a 24-year-old woman looking for a teaching job in Thailand, preferably Chiang Mai. I most enjoy teaching students from P4 and up, but am willing to consider various age groups. I am a bit reluctant to post too many details on a public forum, so I will give you all references and documents, as well as the specific details of where I studied and worked before when we get into contact.
- 120 hours onsite TEFL training certificate with six hours of observed teaching practices from SEE TEFL, Chiang Mai, Thailand; completed with grade “A”
- Master of Arts in English; awarded the top grade of “very good with distinction”
- Bachelor of Arts in English; completed with grade “very good”
- Six teaching practices during the ‘120 hours TEFL program’:
- 18 Oct. 2018: EFL Chiang Mai; one-to-one lesson for adult intermediate learner
- 17 Oct. 2018: Natchawit School, Chom Thong, Chiang Mai; P1 students
- 16 Oct. 2018: Natchawit School, Chom Thong, Chiang Mai; P4 students
- 15 Oct. 2018: Natchawit School, Chom Thong, Chiang Mai; P2 students
- 12 Oct. 2018: Vachiralai Bee School, Sanpatong; mixed group of students M1 & up
- 10 Oct. 2018: Pattira Kindergarten School, Pa Daet; Pre-K students
- Since May 2018 (currently on hiatus): freelance English editor; helping German-speaking university students & academics improve their English academic writing
- Jan. 2016 – Sept. 2018: Student assistant in event management, international member support, administration, and the Teaching Centre at an international postgraduate centre at my university
- Sept. 2018: Jury member for a teaching award at the university level
I speak both American English and German fluently. If hired as an English teacher at your school, I would be willing to offer German, as well, if the opportunity ever arose.