ESL Jobs in China
Date: 14 February 2018
About our school:
Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL) was founded in 1920 as a single classroom magazine. Today, Scholastic books and educational materials are in tens of thousands of schools and tens of millions of homes worldwide, helping to Open a World of Possible for children across the globe.
OUR MISSION: To encourage the intellectual and personal growth of all children, beginning with literacy.
Title: Full-time Teacher
Reports to: the Director of Studies (DoS) and Center Director(CD)
Working hours and locations:
The teacher works for 40 hours per week, to be arranged by the DoS and/or the CD.
Teachers may be asked to work morning and evening shifts in the same day. Teachers may have teaching duties in the center off-site.
1. Carry out the timetable of classes assigned by the DoS.
2. Give lessons to the highest standard of English language training.
3. Become familiar with the programs and courses of study at the center and as directed by Scholastic guidelines.
4. Begin and end classes on time.
5. Prepare lessons and equipment in advance for all classes.
6. Administer, correct and record the results of progress reports, tests and assessments for students.
7. Assist the DoS upon request with the development and marketing of courses and induction of sales, service, and teaching staff into the practices of the center.
8. Keep the teacher’s room, equipment, and resources well-organized and in good condition.
9. Observe and be observed by the DoS and teaching colleagues.
If you are interested, please send your CV and short introduction video to firstname.lastname@example.org