Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals for my Students: 6th and 7th graders by: Carolynn Bartolotta
Hi. I am an ESL teacher to 6th and 7th graders (total of 10 students) in America. I am looking for pen-pals to encourage writing for my students in an interesting way.
- My English for your French by: Philip
My English or Spanish for your French. I am a fully qualified experienced native English teacher. I will teach you English if you help me learn French. I also speak Spanish fluently.
- My Spanish for your English by: paola
Hello I can help you to learn Spanish. I am very interested to learn English.
- My English for your Latin American Spanish by: Angelina
In English: I would like to exchange my English for your Spanish. My only requirement is the person I practice with must speak Latin American Spanish. I cannot practice with someone from Spain. This..
- My Portuguese for your English by: Felipe Lopes
My name is Felipe, I have been living in Araraquara - SP since I finished my undergraduation course. I am really into improving my English skills through knowing new people. I hope I may help you..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: School based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic by: WEBSTER School
WEBSTER School is a growing online English language school. We know that you have great experience in teaching English. This is why we hope that you might get interested in our project and join our..
- British Tutor: high quality, personalised lessons online with a friendly English teacher by: SmithEnglish.com
Are you looking for an English tutor to help you to improve your English? Do you need to get a good score in the IELTS, FCE or CAE exams? Do you need to get better at speaking English to have..
- Business English: Better Business English on Skype (Also Available to Meet Students in Ho Chi Minh City) by: Teacher Lee
Hi, I’m Lee from England and have been teaching Business English to students around the world (Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Russia) since 2008. I’ve also worked for large financial companies..
- Confused Words: phenomena, cliche, comprised, fewer, penultimate by: sam
* Don't use "it begs the question". Instead use "it raises the question". * Don't use phenomena or criteria as singular. Instead use phenomenon or criterion. * Don't use cliché as an adjective...
- Slang: Text-speak! by: Skype121English
Text-speak! Ok today I want to talk about some English slang. ‘Textspeak’ is the name for all those special phrases, abbreviations and acronyms we use in online chat and SMS messages (often..
- Business English: ‘Yours sincerely’ vs. ‘yours faithfully’ by: John
‘Yours sincerely’ vs. ‘yours faithfully’ These two matching expressions have an identical purpose. They exist to finish formal letters and communications in a respectful and professional..
- Re: Running an English Corner by: Silverboy
I would like to warn everyone on here that any "advice" or "suggestions" from Martin Wolff should be ignored. This person is a [edited], a [edited], he has been outed on here and other websites..
- Re: Running an English Corner by: Turnoi, the Only One and Real Turnoi
Martin Wolff's "advice" on English corners should be taken with a heavy pinch of salt. It's just an opportunity to promote his business .- teaching English with movies alone, which I think is a pile..
- Re: General note on this forum by: Dr. Turnoi Turjakuunnen
I appreciate your kind words, Dr. Zack! Have a good life and enjoy your days! I will officially retire from work next year.
- Using Parrots in the ESL Classroom by: Rita Corcoran Davis/American College of Education Capstone Assignment
Bird Brains Teaching English Rita Corcoran Davis Introduction Service animals have been used to assist people since the 1700’s. Even though visually impaired individuals have utilized dogs since..
- April is Autism Awareness Month! by: Rachel Fischer
Light it Up Blue in April April is quickly approaching and for the last four decades it has been the time of year that has been set aside for autism awareness. April 2nd has also marked World Autism..
- Facts Concerning Teaching English in Elementary School by: Dr. Khalid Al-Seghayer
Facts Concerning Teaching English in Elementary School Dr. Khalid Al-Seghayer email@example.com @alseghayer In discussing this ongoing educational controversy, I will neither dwell on whether it..
- ESL Activity - Paper Airplane Game by: Jamie Rochfort
Directions: • Issue each student with 2 or 3 A4 sheets of scrap paper along with the written instructions (see below); • Provide a demonstration for the class by making one with the step-by-step..
- ESL English Lesson: Saudi driving ban for women by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about women not being allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine a woman in your country not being allowed to drive a car simply because she is a woman? It’s hard to..
- ESL English Lesson: Noisy and disruptive neighbours! by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about noisy neighbours! They can be very annoying. It can be loud music blasting out. Someone could hold a party. In this instance it is better they invite their neighbours. If you..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re Fakes, trolls, wumaos and protcting one's privacy by: Beth
I've already said that I went to. CI to sit an access course to gain entry to uni. The reason you can't see a full profile on FB is because my account is private... You are bringing all of this up..
- Re Fakes, trolls, wumaos and protcting one's privacy by: Somebody
"Somebody" claiming to have published works....well, I rightly can claim the same. The difference is I have a name when claiming it, SOMEBODY is no-name. The University of Minnesota Press and..
- My English School, Singapore - Advice! by: L-D
I've been offered a job with My English School in Singapore. Does/ has anyone worked for them or heard anything about them? Does anyone know if they're a decent company? There seems to be no..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]