Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- My Spanish for your English for my 8-12 y old students by: Judit
Hello! I'm an English teacher in Catalonia and I'd like my students to have a penfriend this year. They are 8-12 years old and they are quite good in English. We can offer either Spanish or Catalan...
- Pen Pals for my Students: English, 4th graders (aged 8, 9) by: Emma
My name is Emma and I'm an Italian ESL teacher. My students are 4th graders, aged between 8 and 9. I'm looking for English speaking penpals for them in order to have them experience a real..
- Pen Pals for my Students: primary school students (age 8,9,10) by: Veronica
Hi there! I'm an Italian ESL teacher and I'm looking for some pen-pals for my pupils. They're primary school students (age 8,9,10), and I think they would really benefit from these exchanges, from a..
- Pen Pals for my Students: English, students 10-13 by: Georgy
Hello! My name is Georgy and I work as a private teacher in St. Petersburg, Russia. I think it's a great idea to exchange letters! My students are 10-13 My email is georgypyankov at gmail.com
- My Korean for your English, German, any language by: Mina Jung
Hi, I'm from Korea and I'm very interested with learning new languages. I can speak English but it's not perfect so I want someone who can correct me and hang out with me sometimes. I live in..
- English Tutor: We teach English and Portuguese by: Fabiano Garcia
We teach English and Portuguese in an individual or semi-individual 150-lesson program via Skype, WhatsApp or at our office (São Paulo, Brazil). In addition, we offer Language Activities in Los..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Online school based in Shenzhen, China, is looking for native speakers by: Giftkid Online English School
We have over 300 students online now and looking for you Online Native speaker of English for one-on-one teaching American, British, Australian, Canadian, or New Zealander TEFL or TESOL holder Easy..
- English Tutor: Hone Your English Speaking Ability Now! by: Staci Louis
Greetings everyone! I am Staci, I could be your next online English tutor! I have three years experience tutoring individuals of different backgrounds on how they can further hone their English..
- Learning Tips: by: Ace TOEFL Essay Writing
Here are AceWriters 10 simple strategies to ace your TOEFL independent writing section: Practice timed writing a day or two before the test. Think quality not quantity. Learn some basic sentence..
- Learning Tips: Are you ready to study an advanced English course online? by: Dr Norman
Studying at an advanced level online requires you to consider: 1. If your English is at the right level and you are ready to study; 2. Your goals for improvement; and 3. Your learning style and level..
- Learning Tips: Learning English vocabulary efficiently and effectively by: Dr Norman
There are two basic principles for learning vocabulary efficiently and effectively. 1. Seeing and hearing words in use The more real English that you see and hear on a daily basis, the more your..
- How to teach GERUND (PPP Model) by: Mary
I want to write up a lesson plan in PPP model but am not sure how to. I am drawing blank when it comes to the gerund. I would need a good warmer idea to set the theme for the lesson. then I would..
- Re: ESL student newspaper by: Yanni Zack
Casey, Congratulations on wanting the students to develop an ESL Newspaper. Here is my suggestion: Determine what the interests are for your ESL Students regarding the different roles in the..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- What Makes a Teacher Great? by: Sarah Grace Del Rosario
Teach for America is one of those admirable programs that throws brave new teachers into a mix of troubled classrooms and helps take students living in less than desirable conditions get a solid..
- Six Ways to Use Rubrics as Teaching Tools by: Global Training, Coaching and Development for Educators
I just completed teaching an online university course offered in the Spring semester. One of the assessments included grading student participation in terms of their online postings each week. A..
- For Teachers: 3 Super Easy Detox Drinks to Survive the Day by: Lada
Awww, do you know that feeling, too? Your head is spinning from noisy kids, never-ending home assignments, and sense of hunger that you got used to. If you are lucky, your 5-minute lunch consists of..
- New pronunciation game idea by: ESL+games
I've just posted a new idea for a pronunciation game based on minimal pairs, haven't had a chance to try it out yet!
- How to Multiply Fractions by: Jen
How to Multiply Fractions If you have mastered adding and subtracting fractions, often multiplying fractions will seem a lot less complicated. Many of the steps feel similar, but much of the work..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re: Red Potatoes and Brown Mushrooms by: BeenThere
they are so cold that the pipe would freeze.... funny!!!
- Red Potatoes and Brown Mushrooms by: Taffy
Which is something that cannot be said for Chinese women, lol. Many of them are so cold that they don't need a fridge. I know I think you're right. Mind you personally I have been lucky in China..
- Re: Re Are Chinese as dim as Toc-H lamps by: Curious
You really drank a lot of trump kool aid. Running a country has nothing to do with running a business: It's totally different as any economics 101 student would tell you.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]