Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals: I am looking for pen friends from Japan by: Hồ Phương Thảo
Hello from Vietnam, I want to find some pen friends from Japan. I admire this country a lot. Hope to see any replies soon. I love to learn more about this country.
- Pen Pals for my Students: My students are Kazakhstan teens, would like to share lifestyles/cultures by: Mekhrinissa
Hi there! My name is Mekhrinissa. I am an ESL teacher in Kazakhstan. I am looking for pen pals for my teenage students to share the teenage lifestyles and cultures. Thank you in advance
- My Arabic for your English by: nour
Hi ! Just want to improve my english , if you're interested , message me
- Pen Pals for my Students: I am looking for penpals from the UK by: Ludmila
Hi, I'm a teacher of English in Russia.My name is Ludmila. I want to find pen pals from UK for my students.We want to know more about english teensand their life.
- My Chinese for your English by: Vivian
Hi！My name is Vivian from China. I have been an English grammar teacher in a learning center, and teaching chinese online as a part-time job. I've got the certificate of standard mandarin test with..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Students are Chinese by: Aceish Education
Aceish Education, an educational technology & consulting start up, and online2offline language training organisation managed by western educators and registered in Beijing, China is looking for..
- Students Looking For Tutors: Improving ESL writing via email by: Mazen
I’m 47 years, Man, from Saudi Arabia. Need private tutor to help me to improve my English writing. I will send particular numbers of articles (3 in a week for example). I need correction,..
- English Tutor: by: peter pavelko
Dear students, I am a professional English teacher having English teaching experience to speakers of other languages over 10 years. I have been studying and working in London, UK for 6 years. I live..
- Re Confused Words: Words That English Learners Tend to Confuse by: Antecedtly smith
Investigate these two sentences – one of them contains an error: I poured over book after book. We pored over the catalogues. Is it accurate to say that you are questionable which one is correct?..
- Learning Tips: Are you ready to study an advanced English course online? by: Dr Norman
Studying at an advanced level online requires you to consider: 1. If your English is at the right level and you are ready to study; 2. Your goals for improvement; and 3. Your learning style and level..
- Learning Tips: Learning English vocabulary efficiently and effectively by: Dr Norman
There are two basic principles for learning vocabulary efficiently and effectively. 1. Seeing and hearing words in use The more real English that you see and hear on a daily basis, the more your..
- Re: teaching esl to asian children (unmotivated students) by: zombie5
Very good point. Works well in some demanding situations.
- Re: Running an English Corner by: zombie5
The history of, and love it or loath it parts need serious updating or correction. Speaking as someone who lived in Tianjin and Chengdu in 2016-17.
- THE 8 WORST BLUNDERS TEACHERS CAN MAKE IN CLASS by: Gab
Being an excellent teacher is never easy. Mistakes are committed from time to time as you try to figure out what teaching style and class management technique works best for you. This is..
- 6 COMMON MYTHS ABOUT TEACHING ENGLISH by: Gab
Every job has its own facts and misconceptions and teaching ESL is no exception. Here are some of the common myths about teaching English. Myth # 1: Teaching is easy and anyone can do it Teaching in..
- Teaching and living in China 2017 by: Bob
Teaching and living in China I’m an educated English teacher. I started teaching English in China last year. What you read here are facts, not based on any kind of opinion. 1. Chinese people spit..
- 4 Reasons You Will Love Online Teaching by: Janine
Studying online has been chosen by many people, both kids and adults, through the past years. It becomes more in demand, hence, needs more manpower. Therefore, many teachers, both by profession and..
- New pronunciation game idea by: ESL+games
I've just posted a new idea for a pronunciation game based on minimal pairs, haven't had a chance to try it out yet!
- How to Multiply Fractions by: Jen
How to Multiply Fractions If you have mastered adding and subtracting fractions, often multiplying fractions will seem a lot less complicated. Many of the steps feel similar, but much of the work..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re: Re fine and dandy by: BeenThere
Hey! You got the "that's sad" from donald trump. He says that every time he reads a mainstream newspaper. Sad!!!
- Re fine and dandy by: Illegitimi non carborundum
but no one instructs my writing. That's sad.
- Re MGTOW by: heretosay
If you marry in a Western country 2017 you can easily lose EVERYTHING you will have worked so hard for in the not so distant future, just like many men have in the recent past. If you have kids you..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]