Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals for my Students: Looking for Pen Pal/Skype Pal Nepali to English and Spanish to English by: VIkki
Hi I am a k-3 Elementary ESL Teacher looking for Elementary k-3 Spanish Speakers and Elementary K-3 Nepali speakers who would like to communicate with my English and Nepali Speaking Students. My..
- Pen Pals for my Students: English by: Brittany A.
I'm an ESL teacher in Warsaw, Poland looking for 11 pen pals for my Gimnasium 3 students (age 14/15). They're working on improving their English so I'd like to connect them with other ESL students.
- My Spanish for your English by: Olga Darrib
Hello everyone! I am a English teacher in Vigo, Spain. I have some students who want to do a Spanish-English language exchange. They are from 11 to 16. If you are interested, write me and we can chat..
- Pen Pals for my Students: Spanish/English Exchange by: Stephanie
¡Hola a todos! Soy profesora de español en Virginia, USA. Tengo unos estudiantes a quienes les encantaría hacer un intercambio de español y inglés. Tengo 9 estudiantes entre 11-14 años y 16..
- My English for your Mandarin, Spanish, and/or Swahili by: T.L.
Hello, I am an English teacher wanting to improve my speaking and listening of these languages.
- Maintenance by: Admin
Hello! We made changes to the site today. If you can't post on this board, please let us know by posting a message on any other board that is working well or by sending us an email at..
- American Accent: online English tutorial by: virgie
Hello students, My name is teacher Virgie. I've been teaching English as a second language for nearly 20 years. Let's talk about the details. My skype id is: lareza22 Looking forward. virgie
- English Tutor: All Levels by: Andrea
ENGLISH NATIVE TEACHER on Skype 16.00US$ per class Hello my name is Andrea, I am a native English speaker born and raised in Canada. I am ESL (English as a Second Language) certified and I have been..
- Re Confused Words: Words That English Learners Tend to Confuse by: Antecedtly smith
Investigate these two sentences – one of them contains an error: I poured over book after book. We pored over the catalogues. Is it accurate to say that you are questionable which one is correct?..
- Learning Tips: Are you ready to study an advanced English course online? by: Dr Norman
Studying at an advanced level online requires you to consider: 1. If your English is at the right level and you are ready to study; 2. Your goals for improvement; and 3. Your learning style and level..
- Learning Tips: Learning English vocabulary efficiently and effectively by: Dr Norman
There are two basic principles for learning vocabulary efficiently and effectively. 1. Seeing and hearing words in use The more real English that you see and hear on a daily basis, the more your..
- Re: teaching esl to asian children (unmotivated students) by: zombie5
Very good point. Works well in some demanding situations.
- Re: Running an English Corner by: zombie5
The history of, and love it or loath it parts need serious updating or correction. Speaking as someone who lived in Tianjin and Chengdu in 2016-17.
- THE 8 WORST BLUNDERS TEACHERS CAN MAKE IN CLASS by: Gab
Being an excellent teacher is never easy. Mistakes are committed from time to time as you try to figure out what teaching style and class management technique works best for you. This is..
- 6 COMMON MYTHS ABOUT TEACHING ENGLISH by: Gab
Every job has its own facts and misconceptions and teaching ESL is no exception. Here are some of the common myths about teaching English. Myth # 1: Teaching is easy and anyone can do it Teaching in..
- Teaching and living in China 2017 by: Bob
Teaching and living in China I’m an educated English teacher. I started teaching English in China last year. What you read here are facts, not based on any kind of opinion. 1. Chinese people spit..
- 4 Reasons You Will Love Online Teaching by: Janine
Studying online has been chosen by many people, both kids and adults, through the past years. It becomes more in demand, hence, needs more manpower. Therefore, many teachers, both by profession and..
- New pronunciation game idea by: ESL+games
I've just posted a new idea for a pronunciation game based on minimal pairs, haven't had a chance to try it out yet!
- How to Multiply Fractions by: Jen
How to Multiply Fractions If you have mastered adding and subtracting fractions, often multiplying fractions will seem a lot less complicated. Many of the steps feel similar, but much of the work..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re Wristwatch handcuffs by: Silverboy
In fact, it's over 1.5 billion now. Various research and studies indicates that up to 10 per cent of China's population suffers some sort of serious mental illness. Many of these individuals are not..
- So, Taffy, Foxy: How is Brexit going?? by: Curious
Doesn't look good to me... Should we believe articles such as these? Or do you feel that the preparation for Brexit is going well for your country? Sources? With less than 18 months to go before..
- Re Wristwatch handcuffs by: FTinPRC
China's people by and large suffer from an infantile mindset syndrome. China's population exceeds 1.3 billion individuals. There is no psychological illness or diagnosis identified as 'infantile..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]