Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- My English for your French by: Leeann
Version Français en sous Hello, I'm looking to exchange my English for Canadian French. My only requirement is the person I practice with must speak Quebecois French. I can practice with someone..
- My English for your Asian or Latin culture experience by: William Jackson
My name is William Jackson. I am a 41 year old native English speaker from the United Sates of America. I also know medical English, I use to work in the medical field. I currently live in the..
- Pen Pals for my Students: English by: Thales Alexandre
Hello, everybody! I'm an EFL teacher in Brazil and I have many students who are between 9 to 66, and I'd really love to have Skype video calls between them and other students of the language from all..
- Pen Pals for my Students: Chinese students, English learners by: Masoud House
I teach a class of eight 12 and 13 year olds, with a decent grasp of English (A2 CEF level). I'd like for them to correspond with any other ESL learners to practice their English. Please respond as..
- Pen Pals: I can help you with your English by: Jordan Raney
Hi! If anyone needs help speaking better english and would like an english-speaking pen pal and language tutor, please email me!
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Editor(s) needed to write Test Preparation questions by: James Adcock
I'm looking for experienced English teachers with a few hours to spare each week for a couple of months to write short ORIGINAL test questions for an online writing test. Need a set of questions for..
- Spanish Tutor: Spanish and English Tutor in Barcelona by: Alexandra
Hi everybody, I am a Spanish and English tutor. If you are looking for a Spanish or English tutor just contact me and I will help you. I offer 2 hours lessons with a little break of course for..
- Teachers Looking for Online JOBS: maths, physics and English by: Muhamad Akram
I have been teaching since 1996 . need on line tutoring job in any discipline especially maths physics and English.
- Re Why I Like the English Language (Why Learn English?) by: hn
- Re A Native Speaker Takes The IELTS Test by: Dr. Abhijit Das
Hi Native Speaker I have just taken and passed my IELTS and received a band 8 overall - 8.5 in both Listening and Reading, 8 in speaking and 7 in Writing. I am not a native of an English Speaking..
- Re Learning Tips: Don't call the British, the English. by: Spector
But as I have said, because we(Anglos Saxons, Celts) are being out-bred we will have your republic one day...and it'll make Inner Mongolia a jolly gay place to live. Nowt against inner mongolia (love..
- Re: ESL student newspaper by: Yanni Zack
Casey, Congratulations on wanting the students to develop an ESL Newspaper. Here is my suggestion: Determine what the interests are for your ESL Students regarding the different roles in the..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- Re: Online tutorial questions by: Yanni Zack
Since we are now moving into the technology world for Online Teaching, I am finding that using Skype is a great way to conduct ESL Teaching as this uses both the Phone and chat at the same time.
- The Affective Filter by: Keith Brooks
Years ago I was teaching English in Korea when I noticed one student was staring at me like a deer staring into headlights. I was sure she was lost in the lesson. I then noticed her grades were..
- How to get a better English Teaching job by: Lily Ryan
One thing is certain – the current recession climate will only serve students of English to tighten their belts and reconsider private tutoring or taking language classes at all. Many companies..
- Teaching Reading by: Keith Brooks
Years ago I was teaching in Cambodia. During my morning prep time with several teachers it was revealed one teacher (not in the room at the time) was asking other teachers on how to teach reading...
- ESL Activity - Paper Airplane Game by: Jamie Rochfort
Directions: • Issue each student with 2 or 3 A4 sheets of scrap paper along with the written instructions (see below); • Provide a demonstration for the class by making one with the step-by-step..
- ESL English Lesson: Saudi driving ban for women by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about women not being allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine a woman in your country not being allowed to drive a car simply because she is a woman? It’s hard to..
- ESL English Lesson: Noisy and disruptive neighbours! by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about noisy neighbours! They can be very annoying. It can be loud music blasting out. Someone could hold a party. In this instance it is better they invite their neighbours. If you..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself. by: cunning linguist
You're most welcome. Hope things work out for you.
- Re teach chinese students the english language only.keep your opinions for yourself. by: Dragonized
Sorry for the late reply but I feel that this following statement is still warranted: Thank you for your advice and information as they do bring encouragement!
- Re This is china and every1 with money in the west like china to be like this. by: Dragonized
I actually feel a bit sorry for the newer wumaos who are forced into typing all this bull***t. I think anyone with a twinge of conscience would quit this crappy job after a couple of months. It might..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]