Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Your English for my Turkish by: burcu
hi ! I 'm an english teacher from turkey. I want to speak english with somebody from all over the world. I can also teach turkish
- Pen Pals for my Students: Looking for Malaysian Grade 3 Girls by: Laura
I teach grade 3 Kuwaiti girls at an international school in Kuwait. We are beginning to study Malaysia in our class. I am looking for Malaysian students (or a few) who would be willing to be 'pen..
- Pen Pals for my Students: Looking for English-speaking 12-15 year old pen pals by: Chelo Avilés
Hi, My name is Chelo. I´m a teacher of English in Spain. I would like to find pen pals for my students aged 12-15 so that they can practise the English they are learning. Thank you , Chelo.
- My Chinese for your English by: Norton
Hi! I am Norton. I am currently at university and my major is Chinese painting. I am going to Nanjing to pursue my Master degree in September. I am a regular guy and I hope to make more friends all..
- Pen Pals for my Students: Looking for English speaking pen pals for my Brazilian students by: patricia blumer barretto
dear colleagues, my name's is Patricia and I own a language school in Brazil. Most of my students learn English and just a few French and Spanish. Our native language is Portuguese and we live in a..
- American Accent: IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH! FREE ONE-HOUR CONSULTATION ON SKYPE by: James
As an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher/tutor/coach, I focus full-time on improving all English skills, including accent reduction, according to the needs of my students. I am a native..
- English Tutor: Online Lessons by: Brian
Fluency a problem? Trouble with grammar? English Paradigm can help you with all English needs. I can help with fluency, grammar and exam preparation. I am an native speaker. I am well qualified and..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Online school based in Beijing is looking for Native speakers from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, etc. by: EDU-PAL.COM
URGENT!!!!MAKE MONEY ANYWHERE,ANYTIME... Edu-pal.com is an Internet-based School located in Beijing,China . As the business grows,we need professionals and open-minded individuals from the..
- Re Learning Tips: Don't call the British, the English. by: Spector
But as I have said, because we(Anglos Saxons, Celts) are being out-bred we will have your republic one day...and it'll make Inner Mongolia a jolly gay place to live. Nowt against inner mongolia (love..
- Re Learning Tips: Don't call the British, the English. by: yu2fa3
If the UK was a republic, it wouldn't much matter. Look at China and Russia, they have many different nationalities in one country. We would all simply be federal subjects, and none of this getting..
- Abbreviations: K.I.S.S. meaning by: student
KISS is an acronym for "Keep it simple, stupid" as a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960. The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- Re: Online tutorial questions by: Yanni Zack
Since we are now moving into the technology world for Online Teaching, I am finding that using Skype is a great way to conduct ESL Teaching as this uses both the Phone and chat at the same time.
- Taking minutes & writing reports by: Sondes
Hey fellow teachers, I have upper advanced classes and I would like to teach them how to take minutes in a meeting and write a report out of those minutes. Are there any lesson plans that have videos..
- Pros and cons of different career paths in education by: Silvana Mandero
Graduates of various teaching programs and those who would like to redirect their career path must consider different aspects of choosing from the options available within the educational services...
- Classroom Introverts - How to Approach Them and Make Them Feel Safe by: Michelle
It's fair to say that most education systems aren't adapted to hosting introvert students. In fact, the most important institutions in our lives, such as schools and workplaces, all tend to favor..
- BYOD in the classroom - How to Convince Parents It's a Good Idea? by: Tess Pajaron
A successful introduction of a “bring your own device” (BYOD) program is a hard nut to crack. Headmasters and teachers should be prepared to face various challenges, such as developing a policy..
- ESL Activity - Paper Airplane Game by: Jamie Rochfort
Directions: • Issue each student with 2 or 3 A4 sheets of scrap paper along with the written instructions (see below); • Provide a demonstration for the class by making one with the step-by-step..
- ESL English Lesson: Saudi driving ban for women by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about women not being allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine a woman in your country not being allowed to drive a car simply because she is a woman? It’s hard to..
- ESL English Lesson: Noisy and disruptive neighbours! by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about noisy neighbours! They can be very annoying. It can be loud music blasting out. Someone could hold a party. In this instance it is better they invite their neighbours. If you..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re To Cunning Linguist: Is it THAT bad? by: San Migs
If you have the skillset required by these countries what is to stop you emigrating if Britain no longer appeals to you? Conversely, I could ask why you choose to remain in Guangdong province?
- Re To Cunning Linguist: Is it THAT bad? by: cunning linguist
That's kind of you. I hope you found/find them informative and educational.
- Re To Cunning Linguist: Is it THAT bad? by: yu2fa3 - tuscan
Yes, I only post when Fifi and Beth do. I've wandered off because Turnoi is no longer posting his nonsense. Silverboy and San Migs are mere inconsequential minions. That's a jolly good..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]