Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals: I am looking for pen friends from Japan by: Hồ Phương Thảo
Hello from Vietnam, I want to find some pen friends from Japan. I admire this country a lot. Hope to see any replies soon. I love to learn more about this country.
- Pen Pals for my Students: My students are Kazakhstan teens, would like to share lifestyles/cultures by: Mekhrinissa
Hi there! My name is Mekhrinissa. I am an ESL teacher in Kazakhstan. I am looking for pen pals for my teenage students to share the teenage lifestyles and cultures. Thank you in advance
- My Arabic for your English by: nour
Hi ! Just want to improve my english , if you're interested , message me
- Pen Pals for my Students: I am looking for penpals from the UK by: Ludmila
Hi, I'm a teacher of English in Russia.My name is Ludmila. I want to find pen pals from UK for my students.We want to know more about english teensand their life.
- My Chinese for your English by: Vivian
Hi！My name is Vivian from China. I have been an English grammar teacher in a learning center, and teaching chinese online as a part-time job. I've got the certificate of standard mandarin test with..
- English Tutor: by: E-chalk
E chalk provides ESL virtual learning to master the English language. We create young individuls to be communicable and connected globally. And, we do this at the comfort of your home. The purpose of..
- English Tutor: Cambridge Certified English Teacher by: Martin Norling
Hi! I'm ready to help you master your English. I offer my 17 years of language training experience to students around the world. I speak four languages, so I know what it takes to become a confident..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Make $14/hr Teaching English Online With Smartphone Anywhere&Anytime by: MutualTalk
The only thing you need is a smartphone, a quiet environment, and excellent English skills. MutualTalk is a one-on-one English teaching app featuring real-time video & audio lessons. It’s available..
- Re Confused Words: Words That English Learners Tend to Confuse by: Antecedtly smith
Investigate these two sentences – one of them contains an error: I poured over book after book. We pored over the catalogues. Is it accurate to say that you are questionable which one is correct?..
- Learning Tips: Are you ready to study an advanced English course online? by: Dr Norman
Studying at an advanced level online requires you to consider: 1. If your English is at the right level and you are ready to study; 2. Your goals for improvement; and 3. Your learning style and level..
- Learning Tips: Learning English vocabulary efficiently and effectively by: Dr Norman
There are two basic principles for learning vocabulary efficiently and effectively. 1. Seeing and hearing words in use The more real English that you see and hear on a daily basis, the more your..
- Re: teaching esl to asian children (unmotivated students) by: zombie5
Very good point. Works well in some demanding situations.
- Re: Running an English Corner by: zombie5
The history of, and love it or loath it parts need serious updating or correction. Speaking as someone who lived in Tianjin and Chengdu in 2016-17.
- THE 8 WORST BLUNDERS TEACHERS CAN MAKE IN CLASS by: Gab
Being an excellent teacher is never easy. Mistakes are committed from time to time as you try to figure out what teaching style and class management technique works best for you. This is..
- 6 COMMON MYTHS ABOUT TEACHING ENGLISH by: Gab
Every job has its own facts and misconceptions and teaching ESL is no exception. Here are some of the common myths about teaching English. Myth # 1: Teaching is easy and anyone can do it Teaching in..
- Teaching and living in China 2017 by: Bob
Teaching and living in China I’m an educated English teacher. I started teaching English in China last year. What you read here are facts, not based on any kind of opinion. 1. Chinese people spit..
- 4 Reasons You Will Love Online Teaching by: Janine
Studying online has been chosen by many people, both kids and adults, through the past years. It becomes more in demand, hence, needs more manpower. Therefore, many teachers, both by profession and..
- New pronunciation game idea by: ESL+games
I've just posted a new idea for a pronunciation game based on minimal pairs, haven't had a chance to try it out yet!
- How to Multiply Fractions by: Jen
How to Multiply Fractions If you have mastered adding and subtracting fractions, often multiplying fractions will seem a lot less complicated. Many of the steps feel similar, but much of the work..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re China's going mad by: Silverboy
Another reason not to live in China if that really is the case. So it is truly a police state. I've also said before that marriage is promoted in China because tight knit family units that are..
- Re: Re "Go East, Young American" by: Fifi
I like that
- Re "Go East, Young American" by: Silverboy
I know a few teaching ex-pats in southern China who make 14 000 rmb a month doing private tuition. However, I say big deal, it is still shit money compared to the whopping salaries people can earn..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]