Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals for my Students: kids from Brazil need penpals by: tatiana
Hi, dear. I'm also an English teacher in Brazil. I think it'd be great to have our students exchanging information. Send me an email. Let's talk about it. Best, Tatiana
- Pen Pals: Japanese by: Amber
Hi my names Amber trying to learn Japanesee looking for pen pal to help me learn I can't try to help you with your english
- Pen Pals for my Students: English by: Steph
Hi I'm Steph. Im a volunteer in Thailand teaching English and am looking for pen pals for my students to exchange emails with to work on their English skills. I have 3 students at an intermediate..
- My Arabic for your English, Russian, or German by: Amr Muhammed
im egyptian so arabic is my mother tonge and i wanna improve my english and learn new language like russian and chinese
- My Arabic for your english or chinese or russian by: Ahmed Fawzy
im egyptian so arabic is my mother tounge and i wanna improve my english and learn new language like russian and chinese
- English Tutor: by: Gary Best
Hi, my name is Gary Best. I am a native speaker and loves to teach English as a second language on line (reading, writing, and speaking) for both beginners and advanced. Should you have more..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Online English Teachers Wanted by: Dma1on1
An online language learning school in Taiwan is currently recruiting English instructors who will use Skype software as our online English learning platform to teach students. - Available to teach..
- Students Looking For Tutors: Looking for a Chinese teacher for private tuition in Jiaxing by: Student
Wanted: Chinese teacher for pure beginner. Must be patient, reasonable rates and willing to come to me. Must also speak English. Must be flexible to my schedule. Weekend hours only. Email:..
- Re Learning Tips: Don't call the British, the English. by: Spector
But as I have said, because we(Anglos Saxons, Celts) are being out-bred we will have your republic one day...and it'll make Inner Mongolia a jolly gay place to live. Nowt against inner mongolia (love..
- Re Learning Tips: Don't call the British, the English. by: yu2fa3
If the UK was a republic, it wouldn't much matter. Look at China and Russia, they have many different nationalities in one country. We would all simply be federal subjects, and none of this getting..
- Abbreviations: K.I.S.S. meaning by: student
KISS is an acronym for "Keep it simple, stupid" as a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960. The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- Re: Online tutorial questions by: Yanni Zack
Since we are now moving into the technology world for Online Teaching, I am finding that using Skype is a great way to conduct ESL Teaching as this uses both the Phone and chat at the same time.
- Taking minutes & writing reports by: Sondes
Hey fellow teachers, I have upper advanced classes and I would like to teach them how to take minutes in a meeting and write a report out of those minutes. Are there any lesson plans that have videos..
- Interactive Classroom Activities by: Luciansw
Students learn through their participation in the attainment of knowledge by gathering information and processing it by solving problems and articulating what they have discovered. Each activity..
- Teaching Languages with Laughter by: Jessica
I first discovered laughter in 2008. I was in Oklahoma and saw a sign for Laughter Yoga, I went to a session and knew it would become a part of my life. As I traveled the world, I never forgot..
- Pros and cons of different career paths in education by: Silvana Mandero
Graduates of various teaching programs and those who would like to redirect their career path must consider different aspects of choosing from the options available within the educational services...
- ESL Activity - Paper Airplane Game by: Jamie Rochfort
Directions: • Issue each student with 2 or 3 A4 sheets of scrap paper along with the written instructions (see below); • Provide a demonstration for the class by making one with the step-by-step..
- ESL English Lesson: Saudi driving ban for women by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about women not being allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine a woman in your country not being allowed to drive a car simply because she is a woman? It’s hard to..
- ESL English Lesson: Noisy and disruptive neighbours! by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about noisy neighbours! They can be very annoying. It can be loud music blasting out. Someone could hold a party. In this instance it is better they invite their neighbours. If you..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re Tony Blair resigns as Middle East peace envoy by: 2cents
Tony Blair deserves a nobel prize of peace for giving 8 years of his life to this cause. All the best Tony!
- Tony Blair resigns as Middle East peace envoy by: re
Former British PM has written to UN chief to confirm resignation from job he took in 2007. Tony Blair is to step down next month as special representative of the Quartet of international powers..
- Re CFTU announcement by: Silverboy
This young woman, xiao juan, she is just stunning!
[an error occurred while processing this directive]