Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals: Looking for English speaking pen pals by: Oleg
Hello, everyone! I am 25 and live in Kyiv, Ukraine. Yes, you must have heard of us recently. I am here to find pen pals from all over the world to practise English together. If you're a native..
- Pen Pals: Looking for English speaking pen pals by: kate
Hi, my name is kate. I am a middle- aged freelanced esl teacher in Beijing. I am a beijinger. I'm looking for friends from english speaking countries all over the world. I'd like you to paractise..
- My Arabic for your English by: khaled
my Arabic for your English
- My English for your Chinese (website for language exchange) by: Luvlang
Hello， are you interested in group communication? We have started a small online study group (both Chinese and English). This is a voice chat group focused on practicing conversational skills etc...
- My Greek for your english by: Greek_male
Hello everyone!! I am 22 years old from greece. I am looking for a guy or a girl who wants to learn greek or just talk in english in order to speak better. Send me e-mail! Interests: english, greek,..
- Others: Internet - Web Search Evaluators, Languages Required: English and Simplified Chinese by: Staffing Specialist
Language Required: English and Simplified Chinese Link to apply:..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Work from Home and teach Brazilian students by: Online school from Brazil
We're a Brazilian online school looking for American or British teachers to work from home. You must be experienced and familiar with the English grammar - certificates are not required. - Classes..
- English Tutor: Online One-on-One English Training by: Syntactics English
Hi – I’m Annemarie. I specialize in training intermediate+ English speakers who want to become fluent and advanced with targeted, effective one-on-one training. I am also an expert in helping you..
- Re understand the difference between “its” and “it’s” by: Michelle
You are obviously not a native speaker. Your article itself is full of grammatical errors. In your feeble attempt to set the world straight, you have shown your own inability to use the language..
- understand the difference between “its” and “it’s” by: li
It should be “synthetic rubber was chosen as its substitute”, NOT “synthetic rubber was chosen as it’s substitute”. Why do we Americans unable to understand the difference between “its”..
- Re Why I Like the English Language (Why Learn English?) by: hn
- Re: ESL student newspaper by: Yanni Zack
Casey, Congratulations on wanting the students to develop an ESL Newspaper. Here is my suggestion: Determine what the interests are for your ESL Students regarding the different roles in the..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- Re: Online tutorial questions by: Yanni Zack
Since we are now moving into the technology world for Online Teaching, I am finding that using Skype is a great way to conduct ESL Teaching as this uses both the Phone and chat at the same time.
- How to teach bilingual students successfully? by: Isabel Wiliams
An effective bilingual education is in its nature multidimensional and flexible in classroom instruction, organization the creation of a program aimed to reach specific objectives. Teachers facing..
- The Affective Filter by: Keith Brooks
Years ago I was teaching English in Korea when I noticed one student was staring at me like a deer staring into headlights. I was sure she was lost in the lesson. I then noticed her grades were..
- How to get a better English Teaching job by: Lily Ryan
One thing is certain – the current recession climate will only serve students of English to tighten their belts and reconsider private tutoring or taking language classes at all. Many companies..
- ESL Activity - Paper Airplane Game by: Jamie Rochfort
Directions: • Issue each student with 2 or 3 A4 sheets of scrap paper along with the written instructions (see below); • Provide a demonstration for the class by making one with the step-by-step..
- ESL English Lesson: Saudi driving ban for women by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about women not being allowed to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine a woman in your country not being allowed to drive a car simply because she is a woman? It’s hard to..
- ESL English Lesson: Noisy and disruptive neighbours! by: David Robinson
Today let’s talk about noisy neighbours! They can be very annoying. It can be loud music blasting out. Someone could hold a party. In this instance it is better they invite their neighbours. If you..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re What Is Happening In China-Isn't A Joke by: San Migs
CL, Respectfully, I was referring to this thread: http://webmail.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/china-info/index.pl?read=1183 I knew this FT from having met him in person, although at the time he never..
- Re What Is Happening In China-Isn't A Joke by: San Migs
Yes, avoiding the Tom version of Skype is better, I always downloaded the UK version. A shame about YouTube. Do you think they want to promote their own streaming sites like youku above foreign ones?
- Re What Is Happening In China-Isn't A Joke by: cunning linguist
You may remember a poster called English Gibson. We had a considerable 'debate' on the British Council so I won't reiterate that here. The British Council's mandate is on their website. It's highly..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]