Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- My Arabic for your English by: Abdelrahman
My Arabic for your English.
- My English for your Egyptian Arabic by: Stephanie
I am an American woman living in Egypt. I am a native English speaker and know some Egyptian dialect of Arabic but would like to become fluent. I am looking to speak with a WOMAN either in person (I..
- Pen Pals for my Students: English Speaking (6-9) by: Stephanie
I am looking for English speaking boy between ages 6-9 for one of my students. He is an Egyptian boy, age 7, who is an intermediate English speaker. I would also really a student willing to have face..
- My Arabic for your English by: Diaa El Din
My Arabic for your English
- Pen Pals for my Students: (8 to 15 years old) by: Natassa Rebecca
Hello everyone!! I come from Greece and I teach English. I wish to offer my students the chance to practice English, make friends and build cultural understanding Thank you!!
- English Tutor: by: Cristina
Native English tutor on Skype. Experienced and positive attitude. Lessons adapted to your own learning needs. You can have lessons for 30 minutes: we can talk about any suitable subject you like...
- English Tutor: native american tutor - $13/hour by: Brenda
Hello, My name is Brenda! It would be my pleasure to help you advance in your English. I offer both One-on-One Private Class: 13/US an hour and also small group English Class for $7/person an hour...
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Looking for an Online German teacher ( business/general German to adult corporate learners) by: Woospeak
Looking for an Online German teacher - Freelance Woospeak is an online training center. To reinforce our training team, we are looking for a native German teacher. You will teach online..
- Re TOEFL v IELTS - Which is Better? by: Josh Hancock
Hi Walter, A very good article and helps to sort out the fact from fantasy when it comes to the differences between these two tests. For people interested in taking the IELTS exam do remember that..
- Pronunciation: 10 study tips to help you improve your English pronunciation by: Carol
It's safe to say that when it comes to the English language, pronunciation is easily its hardest component. English pronunciation follows no apparent rules and seems to be completely arbitrary,..
- Re Learning Tips: Rules for Writing Numbers by: Sr Mary Michael
Thank you! This is an excellent summary sheet. I plan to use it with my students.
- Re: ESL student newspaper by: Yanni Zack
Casey, Congratulations on wanting the students to develop an ESL Newspaper. Here is my suggestion: Determine what the interests are for your ESL Students regarding the different roles in the..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- Re: Online tutorial questions by: Yanni Zack
Since we are now moving into the technology world for Online Teaching, I am finding that using Skype is a great way to conduct ESL Teaching as this uses both the Phone and chat at the same time.
- Online Learning: Advantages and Disadvantages by: Joanne
The advancement of technology has made a lot of things that are previously impossible, possible. It has made communication and information very accessible for everyone. Technology continues to shape..
- Encouraging Students to Speak: Tips for ESL Teachers by: Zoe Anderson
Learning to speak English can be intimidating. No one knows this better than ESL teachers. Dealing with learners who are reluctant to speak because they are shy or self-conscious can be a challenge...
- How to teach bilingual students successfully? by: Isabel Wiliams
An effective bilingual education is in its nature multidimensional and flexible in classroom instruction, organization the creation of a program aimed to reach specific objectives. Teachers facing..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - To what extent do you agree or disagree? by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays To what extent do you agree or disagree? 1. Popular events like the World Cup for football and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Do you agree or disagree? by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Do you agree or disagree? 1. Some people believe that arts like music and painting should not be funded by the government. Others believe that these are important for a..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re The Art of Debate by: San Migs
I am teaching, and doing writing/editing work in H.K with a HK work visa at present. I (not the useless consulate of the UK, nor the brit taxpayer) have booked and paid for a flight home....despite..
- Re The Art of Debate by: San Migs
forgive me, and please try to expunge my previous post from memory, had not had my morning coffee and fuzzily read your post as an attack on me. Now caffeinated and in a much clearer light, I realize..
- Re Mother's milk by: Laughing
Making stuff up as they go along, is a typical GW gambit. Ignore the troll, she isn't worth it!!!! Gambit, heh. Borrowing my words I see. I see you brilliant linguists still can't distinguish sex or..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]