Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- Pen Pals for my Students: Adults (in their twenties and early thirties) by: Carlos Martínez
Hello, I would like to find e pals for my students (young adults ranging from low intermediate to high intermediate ). Most of my teens are already participating but it seems more difficult to find..
- Pen Pals for my Students: My Grade 8 Students who would like to practice their English by: ca secon
Hello, I am teaching English in Turkey, and I have a class of 20 grade 8 students that would like to practice their English by having a pen pal and they're looking forward to hearing from the..
- Language Exchange Websites: Looking for language exchange partners? by: aitor
Langademy (www.langademy.com) is a free language exchange social network, and it’s based on a timebanking system. Each user begins with 5 hours to practice the language he wants. If he speaks in..
- Pen Pals for my Students: Looking for English speakers or ESL students; 3rd, 4th and 6th grade by: Tamara Ceglio
Hi. My name is Ms Ceglio and I teach ESL in Brazil. i'm looking for pen friends (and/or a skype conversation ) for my 3rd, 4th and 6th grade students. Hope to connect to English speakers or ESL..
- Pen Pals for my Students: we'd like to exchange a couple of snail-mail letters with Chinese English learners! by: Zhanna
I'd like to find penpals for my 10-13-year-old students. We are from south Russia and we'd like to exchange a couple of snail-mail letters with Chinese English learners!
- English Tutor: IELTS with British Teacher - $50 for 10 Lessons or $85 for 20 Lessons (Skype) by: IELTS Speaking Course
Do you need help to prepare for your IELTS speaking test? Book your free 20 minute trial lesson Visit www.ieltsspeakingcourse.wordpress.com to get started. ---------------------------- • $50 for 10..
- Teachers Looking for Online JOBS: American Teacher by: Chris
I am an American teacher based in Thailand. I want an online English teaching job.
- Students/Tutors Portals: Portal for Sale by: TutorClassified
TutorClassified.com is for sale for only $300 Start your own student and tutor portal. Domain, website, hosting included. www.tutorclassified.com
- Learning Tips: 5 Reasons to Provide Foreign Language Training to Your Employees by: Hannah Dickins
You already know the importance of providing the right training for your employees. Training improves productivity and expands the horizons for your company. You may have overlooked the possibilities..
- Re TOEFL v IELTS - Which is Better? by: Josh Hancock
Hi Walter, A very good article and helps to sort out the fact from fantasy when it comes to the differences between these two tests. For people interested in taking the IELTS exam do remember that..
- Pronunciation: 10 study tips to help you improve your English pronunciation by: Carol
It's safe to say that when it comes to the English language, pronunciation is easily its hardest component. English pronunciation follows no apparent rules and seems to be completely arbitrary,..
- Re: ESL student newspaper by: Yanni Zack
Casey, Congratulations on wanting the students to develop an ESL Newspaper. Here is my suggestion: Determine what the interests are for your ESL Students regarding the different roles in the..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- Re: Online tutorial questions by: Yanni Zack
Since we are now moving into the technology world for Online Teaching, I am finding that using Skype is a great way to conduct ESL Teaching as this uses both the Phone and chat at the same time.
- How to Take Advantage of Mobile Technologies for Classroom Learning by: Anne Sampson
Today’s students are digital natives who are more likely to get engaged and prosper if given the chance to use mobile technology for learning. So if you’ve been thinking about implementing it in..
- Online Learning: Advantages and Disadvantages by: Joanne
The advancement of technology has made a lot of things that are previously impossible, possible. It has made communication and information very accessible for everyone. Technology continues to shape..
- Encouraging Students to Speak: Tips for ESL Teachers by: Zoe Anderson
Learning to speak English can be intimidating. No one knows this better than ESL teachers. Dealing with learners who are reluctant to speak because they are shy or self-conscious can be a challenge...
- How to Multiply Fractions by: Jen
How to Multiply Fractions If you have mastered adding and subtracting fractions, often multiplying fractions will seem a lot less complicated. Many of the steps feel similar, but much of the work..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - To what extent do you agree or disagree? by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays To what extent do you agree or disagree? 1. Popular events like the World Cup for football and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re counterpoint by: Paul Greene
I better reply to this straight away. Yeah, I have heard of this Silverboy person before. I know he lived here before in Nanning. What do you think, you have solved some big mystery? I also know he..
- Re Abused esl teacher need some advice: by: AC_YC
I am for all for freedom of speech but it does amaze me sometimes how threads on he deviate from their original toppic so quickly. The reason I chose to reply to the thread was because you or others..
- Re Living in Thailand: by: cunning linguist
I don't have an axe to grind SM. The topic as I understood it was about people choosing Thailand as a retirement option - hence the bank deposit. I don't know enough about pension arrangements around..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]