Return to home page
(Intermediate ESL level)
To do this Quiz, you need to have your pop up stop
program off, or to allow a window to pop up on your screen.
Click the "Start" button; you will see a pop up
window that shows
a text for 2 seconds. Memorize this text.
Then click the "Answer" button to display the box
where you will write this text. It does not matter if you write the text in caps
or in lower case.
To re-start the Quiz, reload
(refresh) your browser.
Teachers: You may wish to keep score of the
'Tries' and 'Correct' answers.
- My Arabic for your English by: doaa
hi i can teach you Egyptian Arabic opposite your english
- My English for your Chinese, Spanish by: Rohina A Singh
I am an ESL teacher in China and I am looking for friends to teach me Chinese and Spanish.
- My Arabic for your English ( prefered american ) by: Omar Elshorbagy
Collage student defect on english speaking ( pourpise of using this site ) Can provide arabic in foshaa( formal arabic ) or in egyptian accent Contact my at my email
- Pen Pals for my Students: English by: Niall
I am an ESL teacher currently working in South Korea. I have some students who I would like to set up with some penpals. I would like to set up a weekly class in which the students can e-mail or make..
- Pen Pals for my Students: Looking for English penpals, 13-14 years old by: Iza de Abreu
Hello I am Iza, from Brazil and looking for penpals for my two students (13 and 14 years old). They would like to practice written and oral communication skills. Both, native or non native english..
- Online Schools Looking For Tutors: Hiring American and Canadian Home-based ESL Teachers by: abc360
$25 Per Hour Hiring American and Canadian Home-based ESL Teachers/Online English Teachers ABC360 was established in China in 2011. We are the fastest growing and most dynamic online English Language..
- Test Preparation: IELTS Praparation by an Experienced Sri Lankan Tutor by: Iranga
Get prepared for IELTS with an experienced Sri Lankan tutor. Specialized programs for writing and speaking. Learn strategies and tips on all modules. Lessons via skype email for more details:..
- English Tutor: IELTS - British Teacher - $50 for 10 Lessons or $85 for 20 Lessons by: IELTS Speaking Course
IELTS with British Teacher - $50 for 10 Lessons or $85 for 20 Lessons (Skype) Do you need help to prepare for your IELTS speaking test? Book your free 20 minute trial lesson Visit..
- Learning Tips: Learning English vocabulary efficiently and effectively by: Dr Norman
There are two basic principles for learning vocabulary efficiently and effectively. 1. Seeing and hearing words in use The more real English that you see and hear on a daily basis, the more your..
- Learning Tips: Tips for effectively learning grammar by: Dr Norman
You can learn to use grammar easily and correctly in your everyday speaking and writing by using the most powerful techniques. These techniques come from 2 main approaches to teaching and learning..
- Re Learning English Pronunciation Tips by: Dr Norman
Here are the video links to the pronunciation videos below! They should work now! For the video on consonant production, go to https://youtu.be/yCaoI2oxEfo For the video on vowel production, go to..
- How to teach GERUND (PPP Model) by: Mary
I want to write up a lesson plan in PPP model but am not sure how to. I am drawing blank when it comes to the gerund. I would need a good warmer idea to set the theme for the lesson. then I would..
- Re: ESL student newspaper by: Yanni Zack
Casey, Congratulations on wanting the students to develop an ESL Newspaper. Here is my suggestion: Determine what the interests are for your ESL Students regarding the different roles in the..
- Re: Taking minutes & writing reports by: Yanni Zack
Sondes, Here is an article I found on How to Take Business Meeting Notes How to run an eco club meeting Taking meeting minutes Minutes are just notes you take in a meeting, helping to remind you what..
- We need to revolutionize the studying habits of our students by: Sava
On my way to class, I watched some students pacing back and forth while repeatedly reciting English words in an attempt to memorize their spelling. I could not resist the temptation to stop and ask..
- 15 Tips for First Time Teachers by: Jaesig
1. Lay down the law. An effective, productive classroom environment is one that has rules as well as consequences that are presented, displayed and briefly explained. Don’t just assume that every..
- How to teach English writing skills to adult learners by: Kate Bones
If you teach English as a second language, you probably know how hard it is to inspire students to start writing in English. That's mainly because writing is a skill that requires them to be highly..
- New pronunciation game idea by: ESL+games
I've just posted a new idea for a pronunciation game based on minimal pairs, haven't had a chance to try it out yet!
- How to Multiply Fractions by: Jen
How to Multiply Fractions If you have mastered adding and subtracting fractions, often multiplying fractions will seem a lot less complicated. Many of the steps feel similar, but much of the work..
- Task 2 IELTS practice essays - Two Question Essays by: IELTS Edits
Task 2 IELTS practice essays Two Question Essays 1. Nowadays we communicate less with our family members face to face. What are the causes of this ? What are some potential solutions ? 2. In many..
- The History of Parachute Pants by: Bettina Palileo
Parachute pants are characterized by their material. Just like actual parachutes, they are made of nylon, allowing them to be lightweight and durable. The crotch is low and pockets and zippers adorn..
- About The History of Birthday Candles by: Peggy Epstein
When the iced and decorated cake is brought to the table at a birthday party, it's ablaze with candles. A longstanding tradition, the lighting of birthday candles is said to have started with the..
- About Flamenco Dancing by: Debra Stein
Flamenco dancing is much more than a pattern of steps or a style of movement. It is defined by the emotional interpretation of music and song, and the influence of a culture that shaped its form...
- Re China is not your Truman Show by: caring
Your title is misleading as the person in case seems just unfortunate and frustrated with the system mostly. Motorbikes/scooters truly get confiscated by authoritative local cops daily for they are..
- Re Chinese detergent balls for a 'whiter' wash by: PhD teacher
China is still a few years behind the west in many areas. Your 'ethnic cleansing' remark made me smile. I believe that preparing students for studying abroad carries with it some certain..
- Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China by: caring
Since Deng Xiaoping opened to FTs, local employers and their staff have abused the system and perhaps conveniently given little attention to recruiting from foreign lands. Moreover, many of those..
[an error occurred while processing this directive]