NeuABC is seeking experienced and enthusiastic ESL/EFL teachers as tutors for a new online EFL tutoring service designed to help Chinese primary and college level students learn English through a 1:1 match with native English speakers. The service is called NeuABC and is funded by NeuPals and Cricket Media dba In2Books, partner companies in China and the US.
As a remote online tutor, you will get to work from your home teaching online EFL lessons. Successful candidates will work as independent contractors, eligible for as many assignments as client volume requires. Lesson materials will be provided by the company, but you are encouraged to add your own content and strategies (as approved by us). Tutors will be further supported with platform training, teaching tips, assignments and scheduling, as well as Help Desk access.
Tutors typically work 5-7 hours per week, usually in the early morning or evening hours, based on client volume and needs. If selected, you will be teaching young Chinese adults who are seeking to develop their listening and speaking proficiency and understanding of American language and culture to come to study in the US (college/university, exchange programs, and graduate school, etc.).
• Experienced ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a foreign Language) Teachers
• Native speaker of North American English
• A resident of the U.S. or Canada
• Bachelor’s Degree required; TESOL certificate or MA is preferred
• Minimum 2 years ESL/EFL teaching or tutoring experience
• 5-7 hours a week availability for tutoring (mornings and evenings: weekdays)
• In addition to classroom experience, 1:1 tutoring experience ideal
• Comfort and some experience delivering online instruction using tools such as PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
• Access to high speed internet capable of transmitting seamless video and images.
If you are an independent contractor, or able to work in that capacity, and are interested in this position, please complete the application found at https://neuabc.crickettogether.com/neuabc. If contacted, as part of the hiring process, you will be required to present a five-minute online ESL lesson of your choice.
For help or answers to questions, contact [email protected].