English as a Second Language Teacher
Bilingual professional from the United-States, with more than two years of experience in Chilean education. Ability to relate to and interact with students of all ages. American, permanent residency in Chile. National and international experience. Available for an interview starting immediately, willing to work anywhere in Chile.
Gabriela Mistral Elementary School – Linares, Chile (October 2014-currently)
Position: English Assistant and Teacher
• Teaching the English language to 7th and 8th graders, in conjunction with their English professor
• Creating, formatting and teaching English language electives for 4th graders through 8th graders.
Municipality of Longavi, Chile (August 2014-February 2017)
Position: English assistant in public schools
• Teaching Chilean children from Pre-K through 8th grade the English language (splitting time between two schools);
• Training teachers and monitors in English, in order to improve faculty language abilities
• Teach English to people of all ages from children, adolescents, adults and retirees (including summer classes for adults run by the Municipality)
• Class preparation and execution in accordance with the level and grade of the students
Valentín Letelier High School, Linares, Chile: August 2016-November 2016
Position: Teacher for special elective focused on spoken English for Travelers, for the high school students who would like to know practical spoken English
English Express Education, English classes – Linares, Chile (November 2014-currently)
Position: Cofounder and English Tutor
• English classes for adults and children
• Preparation of classes (lessons and homework), personalized to the needs of each student
Shih Hsin University – Taipei, Taiwan (September 2009-January 2010) – Scholarship
Position: University English tutor (work tied to the scholarship at Shih Hsin)
• Teaching English to university students
• Practicing colloquial and spoken English with college students, both undergrads and graduate students, as well as help with homework
- TESOL-certified: Certificate of Educational Studies in TESOL – Coventry House, 2014;
- Bachelor´s Degree in International Studies, Saginaw Valley State University, 2010.