OMNIS English Tutoring Program is recruiting native Canadian ESL/English speakers for one-on-one English tutoring with Chinese primary school children 7-12 years of age, to build and refine their English language competency through reading, speaking and writing via an online platform.
Each tutoring lesson is 45 minutes for $20 each lesson. Resource materials are provided.
OMNIS is currently offering part-time tutoring opportunities that correspond to Shanghai local China time (BJT):
1. Weekends, Saturday and Sunday mornings 6-9am
2. Weekday evenings 6-9pm
The candidate(s) must:
- speak English as your mother tongue
- have a personal computer with high-speed internet for the audio/video Zoom interface, to share their desktop with students for Internet, files, and pdf reading books/textbooks
- have training, certification (TESL Ontario/TESL Canada) and/or experience teaching ESL/English
- be reliable, professional, and work with little supervision
- have a quiet space to teach from home without interruptions