Teacher Training Schools
Our welcome video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlxomN4GgI
Heartpower TESOL is Singapore's leading teacher training centre. We have worked hard to earn the reputation of being the trusted name in teacher training. This is why....
• We are the only TESOL provider who invites schools to attend our information sessions to help answer YOUR questions about YOUR prospects.
• We are a CPE registered school in Singapore.
• We are a registered CELTA training centre (SG062). Being awarded the license is a reflection of our long term commitment to quality in TESOL training. It is also the ultimate achievement and recognition for any TESOL training school.
• We are Singapore's only Professional Partner with Pearson PTE Academic.
• We have the most comprehensive Graduate Services and best track record in finding jobs for our graduates through our network of private schools in Singapore.We don't offer ESL courses so schools in Singapore are willing to work with us. In fact we partner with many of them on many levels.
• We engage the most highly qualified trainers with truly international experience.
• Through our network of schools, we constantly review our content to ensure our graduates meet industry needs.
• We offer internationally recognised courses that TRULY meet international benchmarks.
• We have the most extensive Teaching Practice programme in Singapore. We set up our Learn Good English programme (with Pearson PTE as our affiliate partner) to give you the most authentic teaching practice experience. Schools send their students to this free programme for revision work.
• All our courses have a minimum of 6hrs of assessed teaching practice. This is a standard set by Australia and the UK.
• We are the only provider who allows you to come back and redo parts or the entire programme for free as a refresher course.
• We offer comprehensive teacher development workshops with huge discounts for our Alumni.
Heartpower is a registered CELTA centre with University of Cambridge ESOL.
The CELTA course is awarded by one of the most famous universities in the world, so that’s a good start! It is well regarded by organizations such as the Peace Corps and JET. CELTA graduates usually receive credit for MA TESOL programs.
1. The Cambridge CELTA is one of the most widely known initial qualifications. Any potential employer, if they have any knowledge at all of initial TEFL qualifications, is likely to know of the Cambridge CELTA. It is accepted throughout the world by organisations which employ English language teachers. Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards have been accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority QCA at level 4 on the British National Qualification Framework. Cambridge ESOL also works with international ELT organisations to ensure the acceptance of CELTA globally. More than 10,000 candidates complete a CELTA course each year. It is accepted by the British Council as an initial and a full EFL qualification for teachers in schools and colleges accredited under the British Council’s Accreditation in Britain Scheme.
2. The courses are validated, and syllabus and assessment criteria are fixed by, the University for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). This assures quality control in a number of areas: All centres (such as Heartpower TESOL) are subject to approval by ESOL and have to maintain standards in order to retain this approval. If a centre is failing to meet the required standards, approval to run course will be withdrawn by ESOL. Similarly, it is not uncommon for institutions to have their application to run CELTA courses turned down by ESOL.
3. Every CELTA course is moderated by an external assessor which means you are assured you are receiving appropriate level of training and that the trainers are doing their job to an approved standard (if they weren’t the centre could have their accrediatation revoked).
4. Each CELTA trainer has to be approved by ESOL (which includes meeting ESOL requirements re teaching experience and qualifications, this means that a trainer usually has a minimum qualification of a diploma certificate plus a number of years experience of other teacher development) and has to undergo a substantial induction process. No tutor who has not been accredited by Cambridge ESOL can EVER tutor on a CELTA course.
5. You are guaranteed a maximum of 6 trainees to 1 tutor. Most of our courses have a maximum of 12 trainees. Other courses take as many people as possible, which makes them more money but also reduces the amount of time a tutor is available for you.
6. Should you not be happy with the standard of training you receive, there is an external body to which you can complain so you can be certain your complaint will be dealt with seriously and relevant action taken.
7. We can, on request, provide you contact details of past trainees who you are free to email and get an ’unbiased’ opinion of the course.
8. Heartpower TESOL is the leading TESOL training school in Singapore so you will get a feel for what it is like being an EFL teacher in a real teaching environment. When doing CELTA at Heartpower, you are guaranteed that your course is running to an approved syllabus, your trainers are all highly experienced and have been trained to tutor you.
Only the CELTA can guarantee you are employable all around the world.Cambridge ESOL is a division of The University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES). UCLES took over the RSA certificates and diplomas for teachers in 1988. Some people still refer to the ’RSA certificate’ but they mean CELTA, which is now one of the Cambridge ESOL Language Awards. (Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards is the English language teacher-training unit at UCLES).
Cambridge ESOL's CELTA programme sets the international benchmark in English language teaching. Open more doors with a CELTA. Teaching English to speakers of other languages can be a highly rewarding career, offering you the chance to live and work abroad. You will need an internationally recognised teaching qualification, and CELTA - highly regarded throughout the world - gives you the skills you need and will make it easier to get a teaching job anywhere. CELTA is an initial qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience and opens up a whole world of exciting teaching opportunities. Because it is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the world-famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition.
Over 10,000 people successfully complete a CELTA course each year.
Certificate IV in TESOL
Accredited by VETAB (NSW Government Vocational Educational and Training Accreditation Board) this Certificate IV in TESOL course has been developed specifically for people with a lower proficiency in English. It is a highly practical course which introduces you to current teaching methods, practical teaching ideas and a range of TESOL resources.
This is proving to be the most practical, hands on course in Singapore. Based on the CELTA, this Certificate IV has model English lessons everyday. These model lessons are what employers like about this course. Trainees work out of the New Cutting Edge (Upper Intermediate) for these model lessons and this gives trainees maximum exposure to working from a resource book. Trainees will gain confidence in adapting a commonly used resource material. Our Cert IV graduates have entered ESL classrooms in Singapore in 2010 ready to teach on day one.