Teacher Training Schools
Volunteering your time abroad to help others is a fantastic experience that will give you the opportunity to work and live side by side with local people. You will undoubtedly learn new skills through having to adjust to new situations and challenge yourself by volunteering in a developing country.
Why choose to volunteer with Alliance Nepal?
· 100% of your program fee is kept within Nepal with no money being spent on admin costs abroad; therefore your contribution is helping Nepalese people and the development of the Nepalese economy.
· We are a grassroots and ethical organization working towards community development and income generation through volunteer and cultural exchange programs.
· The Nepali children are very keen to learn and improve their conversational English to brighten their future and also to be able to speak English.
Children and teenagers at schools, adults in villages. Some volunteers teach English to teachers. Many Nepali teachers don’t speak English yet they teach English and need help
Role of Volunteer
Volunteers will primarily work as English instructors either the schools of Tibetan Children's Village. Depending upon the need, volunteers may be asked to assist in other school extra curricular activities like sports. As a unique facet of this placement, the volunteer will have a rare and unique opportunity to witness and participate in traditional rituals.
- Speaking, listening, writing
- Simple vocabulary, simple sentences like greetings, colors, the Alphabet, numbers, time directions
- Very basic grammar
• Teach English (2-3 hours a day) in the school
• Organizing games, drawing, singing, dancing, and other creative education and extra curricular activities
• Taking kids on educational tours
• Helping kids to do homework, monitor academic progress,
• Other helps on administration
• Help in other activities or programs designed for school children (If any)
There is no need of specific qualification for teaching English project in Nepal . However, volunteer interested to teach the children must have good command of English.
Allinace Nepal manages room/food for volunteer. In most of the cases, volunteer stay with host family where we manage a separate room and Nepali food three times a day. Volunteer can also stay inside the premises of Buddhist temple
Allinace Nepal maintains local staffs, office, vehicle. Most of our partner schools are located within 10 miles periphery of our office in Pokhara enabling us to meet our volunteers frequently and whenever needed. Volunteer will also have 24/7 access to our office and mobile number of our coordinators. Moreover, head of the school serves as a local contact person for volunteers. Our staffs also visit volunteers in each 1-2 week interval as a part of the program.
The School is located at the heart of Pokhara . Pokhara is a vibrant city of Nepal with places of great tourist attractions like Lakeside Sarangkot, etc. Pokhara has a wide range of restaurants, internet cafés, clubs, shopping centers, and banks. The volunteers also have numerous opportunities to explore the sites under cultural heritage during free time. Our volunteers can simply hike in near by villages, ride bikes in Pokhara, walk around the tourist city of lakeside , the options are unlimited. Project also offers unlimited opportunities to witness and participates