Teacher Training Schools
IEN Trinity CertTESOL Course
(currently under Trinity London validation process)
Full time July 2009 course
Dates: June 19 to July 21
Full time September 2009 course
Dates: August 27 to September 25
Course fees: 1450 €
(including Trinity moderation fees)
For more information e-mail: email@example.com
What’s the IEN Trinity CertTESOL Course?
This course is intended for those who do not have any experience in education and wish to enter the profession as well as for those who do have the experience but not the necessary training.
In order to provide our teachers with the maximum practical training, we aim to cover most of the market’s current needs such as teaching children and Business English as well as adults.
What will I learn?
- Teaching Skills: teaching procedures and techniques, lesson planning, classroom management, official examinations, Business English, teaching young learners, and much more.
- Language Awareness: grammar and phonology.
- Learner Profile: student and teacher roles, adapting materials to suit your students.
- The Materials Project: analysing materials and other resources.
- Teaching Practice and Observation of experienced teachers.
Why this course and not others?
Unlike most schools, we aim to be practical. We want our trainees to have enough resources and experience to deal with a future full-time teaching job and, therefore, our sessions cover a wide range of topics focusing on a communicative and practical approach.
Again, unlike other schools, we include sessions on teaching children as it is necessary in most cases to obtain a teaching job.
We also offer not only 8 hours of observed teaching practice, but unobserved hours with your students too. That way, you will not be pressured by the assignments and passing grades, but you will be able to put into practice techniques and activities that you have learnt in the course and did not have time to apply. You will also get to see 4 hours of experienced teachers in their real classes with their students.
We will also help you with accommodation and finding a job after your course.