Learn to TEACH English with TECHNOLOGY. Free course for American TESOL students.

TESOL certification course online recognized by TESL Canada & ACTDEC UK.

Visit Driven Coffee Fundraising for unique school fundraising ideas.

Texas ISD School Guide
Texas ISD School Guide

Teacher Training Schools

USA - Vermont - Colchester
By:Saint Michael's College - MATESOL Program

English as a Second Language (ESL K-12 Licensure Program):
An ESL Teacher Licensure program is available in conjunction with the master's degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MATESOL) program. The ESL Licensure program of study prepares successful candidates to teach ESL in the public schools of Vermont at the PreK-Grade 6, Grades 7-12, or PreK-Grade 12 levels. This program is approved by the Vermont Department of Education. Students in the MATESOL program must also be accepted into the Graduate Education Licensure Programs.

The Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MATESOL) is a 36-credit graduate program for people who want to teach English to non-native speakers in the United States or in other countries. Students who apply to the MATESOL program must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university. Courses for the MATESOL are offered throughout the year, including summer, and are held only during late afternoon and evening hours. The program can be completed in three semesters of full-time study, or part time over the course of three summers. Students may also enroll in the program on a part-time basis and take up to seven years to complete the program.

Course work in the MATESOL blends theory and practice in order to best prepare students for careers in teaching worldwide. First, students learn theories about the teaching of English as a second or foreign language in the classroom. Then, they apply what they have learned by working directly with ESL students at Saint Michael’s, with immigrants and refugees in the Burlington area or with children in the Vermont school system. Graduate students may also take courses and do practice teaching in other countries.

Go to another board -