Teacher Training Schools
The SIT TESOL Certificate program is a 130-hour ESL/EFL teacher-training course that provides participants with the practical skills and confidence they need to be successful in the language classroom. Our certificate is internationally recognized and it will enable you to teach at quality schools around the world.
The School for International Training (SIT) has been a leader in the field of TESOL for more than 30 years and is recognized worldwide for the excellence of its teacher training programs. The SIT TESOL Certificate is offered at centers in Asia, Australia, North and South America and Europe.
The International Language Institute (ILI) has been providing teacher training for more than 20 years. In 1999, ILI expanded its offerings to include the SIT TESOL Certificate program. We offer the course six times a year in downtown Northampton, one of the liveliest downtowns in New England.
Combining the international expertise and reputation of SIT with the first-rate teaching and international ambiance at ILI, the SIT TESOL Certificate in Northampton offers unique advantages:
- Worldwide recognition. SIT graduates are now teaching English throughout the world.
- Top trainers. ILI’s trainers are certified by SIT, have Master’s Degrees in Teaching ESOL or related fields, and bring a wealth of practical teaching and cross-cultural experience to the program. Our trainers have worked together for more than 15 years.
- An extremely rich cross-cultural environment. Our ESOL students come from all over the world. Many are immigrants, others are international students preparing for college or graduate school. All have their own, unique stories.
- Participants observe our classes in action. Our teachers let you into their classroom and you learn from observing them and their students. ILI teaches ESOL as well as French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Participants develop skills in teaching speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, intonation, vocabulary and cultural awareness.
- Participants learn about specific teaching areas each day, and apply what they learn in their daily practice teaching of adult ESOL learners.
-Participants gain a foundation in reflective practice that will enable them to continue to grow as a teacher long after the program has finished.
- Fewer participants, more trainers. With only 12 participants and 2 trainers per program, you will receive lots of individual attention.
- Graduate support and job-placement assistance. You will have access to our alumni listserv with thousands of SIT graduates around the world. Exchange ideas with other graduates, get information on job opportunities and share your adventures teaching English!
- Student-visa assistance for international applicants.
- Host family option. Rent a private room within walking distance of the school.