Teacher Training Schools
The Boland School International TEFL Diploma Course, a 140-hour intensive T.E.F.L. Certification teacher training course held in the Moravian capital of Brno, Czech Republic, focuses on everything you'll need to get started in the classroom. The course itself is held on-site in the Czech Republic with extensive online preparation and introductory Certificate electives available to trainees before they even leave their home countries.
- E.S.L. Level and student needs assessment
- E.F.L. methodology and techniques
- Effective T.E.F.L. class planning
- Classroom management
- How to teach Grammar
- Activities for the EFL classroom
- Role plays, activities and games
- Use of video and cassettes in the classroom
- Teaching Pronunciation and sound production to EFL students
- Teaching adults, children and teens
- Specialized English courses, Business English
- E.F.L. Testing and international exams
- European and worldwide EFL teaching markets
- TEFL Language Awareness Certificate elective online preparation course
- European visas and working permits
-C.A.L.L. -computer assisted language learning
- and an introduction to some of the most popular standard T.E.S.O.L. textbooks used around the world. There is an online preparation course with trainer assistance and feedback, and then 140 on-site class hours at our Czech Republic training center.
Teaching job placement directly follows the course. The program includes 10-12 hours of hands-on classroom experience in practice teaching presentations and another 8-10 hours of teaching real classes per trainee. This is a graded course, highly respected in EFL circles and by language-teaching employers worldwide. The International TEFL Diploma may be done as a full-time four and a half-week intensive course or part-time, over a period of nine weeks.
In addition, interested trainees in the International T.E.F.L. Diploma program have several elective options; the 20 class-hour T.E.F.L. - Czech Certificate, our 90-hour TEFL Language Awareness Certificate pre-course online study program for those preparing to go abroad to teach English and also our 30-hour online Introduction to Teaching Pronunciation course. Any or all of the above may be selected individually as elective programs or as part of a package.