Teacher Training Schools
The Boland School International T.E.F.L. Diploma Course is a 148-hour, intensive teacher training program held in the Czech Republic, Hong Kong and Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China. In the Suzhou location, the Boland School gives you a great southern China location near Shanghai in which to kick off your teaching career. The Suzhou location, like all Boland School locations, provides comprehensive job placement and a job guarantee at top teaching posts worldwide. Additionally, the Boland School is affiliated with Anaheim University in Anaheim, California, and has a formal credit transfer agreement with the university for its TEFL Diploma program graduates.
The International T.E.F.L. Diploma program itself is a comprehensive qualification that is well-respected worldwide. The course includes online and on-site components, with both full-time four and a half-week and part-time nine-week options available. The curriculum covers everything you'll need to get started in the classroom:
- Effective T.E.F.L. class planning with time-saving tips for creating fun and effective lessons
- E.S.L. Level assessment, and placement testing of new students
- Grammar; how, when and why to teach it
- Activities for the EFL classroom,
- Role plays and games to increase fluency
- Audio-visuals, multi-media in the classroom
- E.F.L. testing, and international exams (ToEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, etc.)
- C.A.L.L. - computer assisted language learning
- TEFL Language Awareness Certificate elective preparation course
- The international EFL job market; what you need to know
- plus an introduction to some of the most popular standard T.E.S.O.L. textbooks used around the world, as well as some of the Chinese standards. The course includes 10-12 class hours of hands-on classroom experience in practice teaching presentations and another 8-10 class hours of observed lessons teaching Chinese adults, children, and Business English. All practice teaching sessions are observed by our professional trainers. Both oral and written feedback is given to each trainee after each teaching session by their trainers in order to make the learning experience as valuable as possible.
This is a graded course, highly respected in EFL circles, and by language-teaching employers worldwide. Upon successful completion of the exam, course participants receive the fully-recognized and accredited International T.E.F.L. Diploma. This program and the International TEFL Diploma qualification are both recognized by the Chinese government (Foreign Experts Bureau). Credit transfer towards further studies in TEFL is accepted by our partner school, Anaheim University in California, USA through our formal credit transfer agreement.
In addition, interested trainees in the International T.E.F.L. Diploma program have several elective options; the 20 class-hour T.E.F.L. - China Certificate, our 90-hour TEFL Language Awareness Certificate course for those preparing to go abroad to teach English and also our China Business and Investment seminars. Any or all of the above may be selected individually as elective programs or as part of a package.