Teacher Training Schools
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, one of the five recruitment centers for Georgetown University's Center for Intercultural Education and Development, is pleased to announce that the English Language (EL) Fellow Program is currently accepting applications for the Academic Year 2007-2008 Fellowships. We invite you to share the information about this unique opportunity for TESOL professionals with your colleagues, students and other interested parties. Please feel free to explore the Program’s website and e-mail us with any questions you might have.
The EL Fellow Program promotes English language learning around the world, and fosters mutual understanding between the people of the United States and people of other countries. The EL Fellow Program places highly qualified teachers with Master’s degrees in TEFL/TESL and Applied Linguistics in all regions of the world. Through U.S. Embassy projects, Fellows gain international experience while sharing their unique perspectives and expertise abroad.
Quick Facts about the Program
- The EL Fellow Program has placed over 500
- Fellows in 80 countries since 2001.
- All fellowships are federally-funded professional positions.
- Assignments are for a ten-month period (September - June).
- Fellows cultivate international experience teaching English in all regions of the world.
- Fellows work on projects at host universities, teacher training institutions, NGOs, and other language teaching institutions.
- Fellows serve as full-time ESL/EFL teachers and may conduct teacher training, provide ESP instruction, design curricula, and carry out program evaluations/needs analyses.
- In the academic year 2007-2008, approximately 120 Fellows will participate in projects abroad.
For the academic year 2007-2008, all Fellows receive:
- $25,000 stipend
- Living allowance covering the cost of reasonable, safe and comfortable housing (comparable to the standard of living in the country of assignment), food, utilities, and local transportation.
- International round trip transportation from the Fellow’s U.S. residence to the host country.
- Basic supplemental medical/hospitalization insurance coverage up to $50,000 per illness/injury.
- Miscellaneous allowances (shipping, educational materials, and pre-departure expenses).
- Master’s degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics (must be conferred by June 1, 2007)
- Minimum two years professional TESOL experience
- Teacher training and curriculum/material development experience helpful
Apply Online @ http://elf.georgetown.edu
U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
Office of English Language Programs
Center for Intercultural
Education & Development
For more information please contact:
International Program Assistant
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
International Student Center
3801 W. Temple Ave, 1-104
Pomona, CA 91768