Technology for ESL
In the age of information technologies the approach to education has suffered significant changes. Today you can study without spending much time in the classes. Actually, you can study remotely, at home. Let’s take a closer look at how modern technologies are applied to education.
The purpose of all modern technologies is to make our life easier and more comfortable. Information technologies are no exception to this conception. When computers entered the scene, the execution of many processes has become not only faster, but also more reliable and efficient. In addition to that, it has become possible to do a lot of things without leaving one’s house, such as buying tickets, booking apartments, ordering food, etc. So it’s no wonder that the most advanced technologies are used in education allowing us to get the best results.
Innovative technologies in education
The main tool for using technologies is computers, additional – software, Internet, associated equipment. I think you’ll agree that most modern educational establishments have all the above mentioned items. Here’re just some educational processes which can be simplified with the help of innovative technologies:
• Receiving of necessary information and increasing educational level;
• Systematization of information thanks to directories and electronic libraries;
• Skills and abilities training, doing remote laboratory researches;
• Visualization of information and its demonstration;
• Carrying out complicated calculations and automation of routine operations;
• Objects and situations modeling with the purpose of their studying;
• Information exchange among several students who are far away from each other.
When we speak about information technologies today, very often we mean multimedia technology, which, in the opinion of many specialists, help to study a lot of question deeper while cutting down the time needed for studying material. For example, during educational course you can change the tempo of your education, or check on your own how good you’ve studied the material. Such individual approach discovers student’s abilities and helps to develop creative beginning. In the educational process multimedia can be used for holding multimedia presentations, for creating educational courses, and in remote education.
Remote education has broadened the possibilities to get education for people, who can’t attend educational establishment in person due to this or that reason. Apart from this, remote education has some other advantages:
• More comfortable conditions for students’ self-expression;
• Flexibility – education can be completed by people who have some health issues, who live in other regions and countries;
• More active role of a student in goal setting, choice of studies and their intensity, etc.;
• Possibility to communicate with high-class professionals, tutors and other students who are situated in other parts of the world;
• Economic profits.
It also can be mentioned that in the process of education not multimedia, but hyper media are used – the use of telephone, fax, emails, video, tele-conferences, etc.
Contrary to the popular belief, remote education isn’t less effective, and in some cases even more effective, than traditional education. This is due to the fact that remote technologies allow making educational process more successful, and apply individual access to each student. At the same time, remote education supposes more responsibility from students as the success of their education depends only on them.
In case you need some educational software to be developed, Oxagile software development company can help you. Visit http://www.oxagile.com/industries/education-elearning/ to see the options