Dr. Seuss, Theodore Seuss Geisel, was born on March 2nd, 1904. He is best known for his many books written for children, such as "The Cat in the Hat," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and "Green Eggs and Ham."
Dr. Seuss was a great man, a great author, and a great visionary. He was responsible for writing and illustrating forty-eight books just for children.
To celebrate his birthday, here are some of our favorite Dr Seuss quotes:
1. "Don't give up. I believe in you all. A person's a person no matter how small."
2. "It's high time you were shown, that you really don't know all there is to be known."
3. "Did you ever fly a kite in bed? Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?"
4. You make 'em, I amuse 'em."
5. "And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
6. "And when they played they really played. And when they worked they really worked."
7. "You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in."
8. "I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down on the bottom we, too, should have rights!"
9. "Cause you never can tell, what goes on down below! This pool might be bigger, than you or I know."
10. "Step with care and great tact."
11. "You have brains in your head."
12. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
13. "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
14. "Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of look at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
15. "You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."
16. "Preachers in pulpits talked about what a great message is in the book. No matter what you do, somebody always imputes meaning into your books.."
On what would have been his 103rd birthday, we celebrate the wit, humor, and thoughts of Dr. Seuss with these Dr Seuss quotes.
For 'Top 10' Lists of our very favorite famous quotations, including our 'Top 10' list of Dr Seuss quotes, check out www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.