A woman may be perceived as soft, but make no mistake, she is strong. She may give in to the demands of her man and her friends, but that does not mean she is not determined.
Maybe that's because Victor Hugo once said, "The first symptom of love in a young man is shyness; the first symptom in a woman, it's boldness." So, come on -- let us celebrate this Women's History Month (March) with these profoundly inspirational quotes, mainly by women:
1. "Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth." ~ Julie Andrews
2. "I would rather stay positive and get 50 percent good results, than stay negative and get 100 percent bad results!" ~ Joyce Meyer
3. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
4. "Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without words, And never stops at all." ~ Emily Dickinson
5. "A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live." ~ Anonymous
6. "I don't think of myself as a poor, deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good." ~ Oprah Winfrey
7. "On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key." ~ Anonymous
8. "No topic on women would be ever complete without getting men into the conversation. So, dears:
"Let's talk about men.
"The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him." ~ Cher
9. "Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece." ~ Anonymous
10. "Never run after a bus or a man. There will always be another one." ~ Old Irish Expression
11. "Women should be tough, tender, laugh as much as possible, and live long lives. The struggle for equality continues unabated, and the woman warrior who is armed with wit and courage will be among the first to celebrate victory." ~ Maya Angelou
12. "You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy." ~ Erica Jong
13. "Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths." ~ Baroness Edith Summerskill
14. "If you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman." ~ Margaret Thatcher
15. "It is the woman who chooses the man who will choose her." ~ Anonymous
16. "The world is round and the place, which may seem like the end may also be the beginning." ~ Ivy Baker Priest
17. "Woman was taken out of man; not out of his head to top him, nor out of his feet to be trampled underfoot; but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved" ~ Anonymous
18. "When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking." ~ Elayne Broosler
Have a fantastic Women's History Month -- I hope you've enjoyed my collection of inspirational quotes.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.