True horror fiction fans will be celebrating Stephen King's birthday this month, and what better way to kick off the celebration than with some great Stephen King quotes? Whether you love him for his novels, or the movies his novels inspire, these thirteen spooky quotes remind us of why this author is so good at what he does.
1. "It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost."
2. "People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy -- and I keep it in a jar on my desk."
3. "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."
4. "When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
5. "Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty."
6. "Time takes it all whether you want it to or not, time takes it all. Time bares it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again."
7. "If I have to spend time in purgatory before going to one place or the other, I guess I'll be all right as long as there's a lending library."
8. "If I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not proud."
9. "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."
10. "We fall from womb to tomb, from one blackness and toward another, remembering little of the one and knowing nothing of the other ... except through faith."
11. "Sorry is the Kool-Aid of human emotions. It's what you say when you spill a cup of coffee or throw a gutterball when you're bowling with the girls in the leage. True sorrow is as rare as true love."
12. "No one ever does live happily ever after, but we leave the children to find that out for themselves."
13. "Get busy living, or get busy dying."
There are those who have questioned Mr. King's sanity. After all, how can a sane man write such horrific tales? Sane or not, he's one of the best horror writers of our time and these thirteen Stephen King quotes are just one way to celebrate that fact.
For more famous quotes, check out the popular www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.