Ready to celebrate the birth of an entertainment great with some classic movie quotes? Fred Astaire's birthday is right around the corner and what better way to remember him than with some quotes from some of his most famous roles? If you're a Fred Astaire fan, here are fifteen quotes you're sure to remember.
1. "If I ever forgot myself with that girl, I'd remember it." ~ Top Hat
2. "So, move Grant's Tomb to Union Square and put Brooklyn anywhere, but please, please, I'm down on my knees, don't monkey with Broadway!" ~ Broadway Melody of 1940
3. "A gentle smile often breeds a kick in the pants." ~ Holiday Inn
4. "Would it be rude of me to inquire if there is any insanity in your family?" ~ You Were Never Lovelier
5. "Couldn't I be the fellow who never gets his name mentioned? The one they call 'a friend'? You know: 'Ginger Rogers - and friend." ~ The Sky's The Limit
6. "You didn't tell anybody I was your guardian angel, did you?" ~ Yolanda and the Theif
7. "John, everyday you act worse, but today you're acting like tomorrow." ~ Roberta
8. "I told you, I haven't even met her. But I'd kinda like to marry her... I think I will." ~ Shall We Dance
9. "Can I offer you anything? Frosted chocolate? Cointreau? Benedictine? Marriage?" ~ The Gay Divorcee
10. "I don't often try to apologize 'cause I seldom make any mistakes." ~ Follow the Fleet
11. "Here's to the beautiful ladies. Here's to those wonderful girls. Adele's and Molly's, Lucille's and Polly's, you'll find them all at the Ziegfeld Follies" ~ Ziegfeld Follies
12. "Why didn't you tell me I was in love with you?" ~ Easter Parade
13. "It's not obscene, it's French." ~ The Belle of New York
14. "How dare you come back here! Didn't I tell you you were an optical delusion?" ~ Finian's Rainbow
15. "Gentlemen, may I take this opportunity to tell you that you look like a mess of worms? And that you not only look like a mess of worms, but you ARE a mess of worms. And I'll bet you've been sitting at this table all these years because if you ever left it you'd be picked up on a vagrancy charge." ~ Funny Face
There's much we can say about Fred Astaire... He was talented, funny, a great dancer ' but there was something else too. If you take a look at the above quotes closely, you'll see Fred Astaire was also a workaholic. Each of the fifteen quotes comes from a different movie, I didn't even touch on half of the movies he was in. On the tenth of May let's celebrate the birth of an entertainment icon -- the birth of Fred Astaire -- with these fifteen movie quotes.
For more quotes related to movies, check out the popular movie quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.