Ready for a few Judy Garland quotes to remember her by on the anniversary of her birth? They might not be what you're expecting. While many of us remember Judy as the happy-go-lucky Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, there was much more to her than just that.
For instance, she was the mother of world-famous Liza Minelli! Not many people know that one. She was also very under-appreciated and conflicted during her lifetime. If you want to get to know the real Judy, these fourteen quotes are a good place to start.
1. "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
2. "How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child."
3. "If I'm such a legend, then why am I so lonely? Let me tell you, legends are all very well if you've got somebody around who loves you."
4. "We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality."
5. "I was born at the age of twelve on an MGM lot."
6. "My life, my career has been like a roller coaster. I've either been an enormous success or just a down-and-out failure."
7. "Behind every cloud is another cloud."
8. "I can live without money, but I cannot live without love."
9. "In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people."
10. "I'm the original take-orders girl."
11. "It's lonely and cold on the top... lonely and cold."
12. "I've always taken 'The Wizard of Oz' very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I've spent my entire life trying to get over it."
13. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
14. "I've never looked through a keyhole without finding someone was looking back."
When the world lost Judy Garland, we lost someone special. She didn't just sing about "over the rainbow", she really believed in it. Perhaps she finally made her way there. After all, it's been rumored that a tornado hit Kansas on the day of Judy's death. On the anniversary of her birthday, let's remember her for the amazing person she was and the legacy she left behind with these fourteen Judy Garland quotes.
For more quotes related to movies, check out the popular movie quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.