I have to say, I'm very happy to see that Love Yourself Week is coming up and I'm ready to celebrate with some great love quotes. Why? Because it's easy to love others and write quotes about how that feels, but we seem to have a much harder time loving ourselves. So here are 14 great love quotes to remind us that we deserve our own love as much as the next person.
1. "Self-love seems so often unrequited." ~ Anthony Powell
2. "Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." ~ Veronica A. Shoffstall
3. "If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor." ~ Nicholas de Chamfort
4. "The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others." ~ Sonya Friedman
5. "You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy." ~ Author Unknown
6. "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." ~ Lucille Ball
7. "Love yourself instead of abusing yourself." ~ Karolina Kurkova
8. "To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don't wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now." ~ Alan Cohen
9. "To tell the truth is to become beautiful, to begin to love yourself, value yourself. And that's political, in its most profound way." ~ June Jordan
10. "Don't forget to love yourself." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
11. "If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy." ~ Kristin Chenoweth
12. "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~ Buddha
13. "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. "It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." ~W.C. Fields
When it comes down to it, you must first love yourself before you can truly love others and you must love yourself before you can accept that others truly love you. So, if you look at it that way, perhaps Love Yourself Week is one of the most important holidays we celebrate! Let the above twelve quotes remind you of that.
For more love quotes, check out the popular www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.