When St. Patrick's Day comes around people usually think about corned beef, clovers and beer, but these St. Patrick's Day quotes go to show you that the holiday is about much more than that. If you want to get in on the St. Patrick's Day celebration, here are some fun and festive quotes to get you started...
1. "St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic." ~ Adrienne Cook
2. "Anyone acquainted with Ireland knows that the morning of St. Patrick's Day consists of the night of the 17th of March flavored strongly with the morning of the 18th." ~ Author Unknown
3. "St. Patrick... one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish." ~ Charles M. Madigan
4. "St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday in Ireland. The first thing you do is go to church." ~ Dermott Reid
5. "Everybody is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. We want people to enjoy themselves and learn something about the great culture and traditions of Ireland." ~ John Keane
6. "Today is St. Patrick's Day. We celebrate our faith and heritage, everything else is secondary." ~ John Dunleavy
7. "Roughly 1 in 6 Americans have Irish blood. I'd say it's probably safe to assume that the average Irish-American who only comes out on St. Patrick's Day has no idea of the sort of economic powerhouse Ireland has become." ~ Scott McClellan
8. "We tend to think of St. Patrick's Day as one big Irish party. However, St. Patrick's Day means something special to Irish people around the world. There is much that pulls the world apart today, but St. Patrick's Day is a time to start all over again and celebrate the positive things we all share in life!" ~ Dr. Sam Speron
9. "Nobody gets upset with the Irish on St. Patrick's Day." ~ Gabriela Lemus
10. "The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick - who was an Irishman only by adoption." ~ Stephen Gwynn
And while not technically a quote, there's no St. Patrick's Day celebration without an Irish toast:
Here's to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one. A cold drink - and another one!
For more famous quotes, check out the popular www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.