Spring will be here before you know it and love is in the air, so let's celebrate with 20 great love quotes to announce the arrival of the season on March 20th! The grass will be green soon and the mounds of snow will become a distant memory. The birds will chirp, the butterflies will flutter. Here are 20 wonderful love quotes to celebrate such a wondrous time of year.
1. "O, how this spring of love resembleth the uncertain glory of an April day; which now shows all the beauty of the sun, and by and by a cloud takes all away."
~ William Shakespeare
2. "Her love was entire as a child's, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring."
~ Thomas Hardy
3. "Enjoy the Spring of Love and Youth, to some good angel leave the rest; For Time will teach thee soon the truth, there are no birds in last year's nest!"
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4. "Love's gentle spring doth always fresh remain."
~ William Shakespeare
5. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
~ Judy Garland
6. "I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you."
~ Roy Croft
7. "What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. "How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
~ Albert Einstein
9. "Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle."
~ Crystal Middlemas
10. "Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration."
11. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
~ Janos Arany
12. "In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love."
~ Alfred, Lord Tennyson
13. "To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
~ Anne-Sophie Swetchine
14. "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
~ David Viscott
15. "When you have seen as much of life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love."
~ J. K. Rowling
16. "There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder."
~ Charles Morgan
17. "Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river."
18. "Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense." ~ Mark Overby
19. "Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."
20. "They who meet on an April night are forever lost in love, if there's moonlight all about and there's no moon above."
~E.Y. "Yip" Harburg and Fred Saidy
Get ready for Spring -- and get ready for romance! On March 20th we'll kiss Winter goodbye and say hello to a much sweeter season. The above 20 love quotes will help you prepare yourself for all spring has to offer.
For more love quotes, check out the popular www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.