National Country Music Day is coming up and these 11 country music quotes are a great way to celebrate. Country music fans make up some of the most die-hard and loyal fans in the world of music. These 11 country music quotes go out to you.
1. "I was born country and that's what I'll always be, like the rivers and the woodlands wild and free. I got a hundred years of down home running through my blood. I was born country and this country's what I love. ~ Alabama
2. "Americana picture of a people proud and free. Americana I'll keep holding to the dream. You're still what living means to me." ~ Moe Bandy
3. "I thank you, Lord, that I'm placed so well, that you've made my freedom so complete, that I'm no slave to whistle, clock or bell, nor weak eyed prisoner of Wall Street." ~ Johnny Cash
4. "There's a lathered sorrel stallion running through the Joshua trees and a young man in the saddle with his coat tails in the breeze. He's got a six gun on his right hip and a rifle at his knees and he's dealing in a game that he can't win." ~ Charlie Daniels
5. "Song, song of the south. Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth. Gone, gone with the wind. There ain't nobody looking back again." ~ Alabama
6. "You don't see no city when you look at me cause country's all I am. I love runnin' barefoot through the old cornfields and I love that country ham. Well you say I'm made just to fit your plans but there's a barnyard shovel pick your hands. If your eyes are on me you're lookin' at country." ~ Loretta Lynn
7. "These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you." ~ Nancy Sinatra
8. "The spirits, they intoxicate me. I watched them infiltrate my soul. They try to say it's too late for me. Tell my guns I'm coming home. I swear I'm gonna live forever. Tell my maker he can wait. I'm riding somewhere south of heaven. Heading back to Santa Fe. It's judgment day in Santa Fe." ~ Bon Jovi
9. "It's the hillbilly rock, beat it with a drum. Playin' them guitars like shootin from a gun. Keepin' up the rhythm, steady as a clock. Doin' a little thing called the hillbilly rock." ~ Marty Stuart
10. "Take the very breath you gave me. Take the heart from my chest. I'll gladly take her place if you'll let me. Make this my last request. Take me out of this world. God, please don't take the girl." ~ Tim McGraw
11. "Promise me, son, not to do the things I've done. Walk away from trouble if you can. It won't mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek. I hope you're old enough to understand: Son, you don't have to fight to be a man." ~ Kenny Rogers
When it comes to country music, you either love it or you hate it -- but even those who profess to hate country music can be found listening to it in private when they think no one is watching. This National Country Music Day, let's give country music its due. These 11 country music quotes are a great way to start.
For more music quotes, check out the popular music quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.