Ready for some George Lucas quotes? Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 30 years, you know who George Lucas is. Since May 14th is his birthday, what better way to celebrate than by honoring some of the things he's said. Here are 14 George Lucas quotes that sum up his greatness nicely.
1. "Even in high school I was very interested in history - why people do the things they do. As a kid I spent a lot of time trying to relate the past to the present."
2. "Good luck has its storms."
3. "I thought Star Wars was too wacky for the general public."
4. "If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds 10 million to the box office."
5. "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
6. "If you want to be successful in a particular field of endeavor, I think perseverance is one of the key qualities. It's very important that you find something that you care about, that you have a deep passion for, because you're going to have to devote a lot of your life to it."
7. "It's hard work making moviesif you don't really love it, then it ain't worth it."
8. "You have to have a thick enough skin to cope with criticism."
9. "Any society begins by realizing that together, by helping each other, you can survive better than if you fight each other and compete with each other. We have the tendency to lose it when we forget that, as a group, we are stronger than we are as individuals."
10. "The secret to film is that it's an illusion...."
11. "Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose."
12. "Children are the key to life, and the key to joy, and the key to happiness, and for teenagers, a key to a nervous breakdown."
13. "You know, they had supply problems and union disputes and a few design problems to work out. So it took longer than you would think, even for The Empire."
14. "You have to find something that you love enough to be able to take risks, jump over the hurdles and break through the brick walls that are always going to be placed in front of you. If you don't have that kind of feeling for what it is you're doing, you'll stop at the first giant hurdle."
If anyone knows hard work can pay off and that persistence is critical to success, it's George Lucas. Let these 14 George Lucas quotes remind you that anything worth having is worth working for.
For more quotes related to movies, check out the popular movie quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.