Once in a rare while a man is born who changes the world for the better and Buddha quotes are a prime example of why Buddha was one of these men. As the founder of Buddhism and one of the few truly enlightened people to ever walk the face of the earth, let's celebrate the upcoming birthday of this legendary teacher.
1. "A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker."
2. "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
3. "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
4. "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without."
5. "However many holy words you read,However many you speak,What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them?"
6. "The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood."
7. "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
8. "A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden."
9. "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
10. "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
11. "When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."
12. "Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds."
13. "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."
14. "He is able who thinks he is able."
I, personally, am not a Buddhist -- but even I can appreciate the wisdom, enlightenment and uniqueness of this very special man. He definitely left his mark on humanity and made the world a better place. If the leaders of our world were more like Buddha, wouldn't this world be a better place? Let's reflect on this with these 14 Buddha quotes as we remember him on his birthday this month.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section at www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.