If you're looking for quotes to inspire success, Bill Gates quotes are some of the best. After all, his rise to fortune is the stuff legends are made of. Let's wish Bill a happy birthday and celebrate with these fourteen quotes on success.
1. "I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot."
2. "In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone."
3. "It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure."
4. "Life is not fair, get used to it."
5. "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
6. "Smart is an elusive concept. There's a certain sharpness, an ability to absorb new facts. To ask an insightful question. To relate to domains that may not seem connected at first. A certain creativity that allows people to be effective."
7. "Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one."
8. "As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others."
9. "People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters."
10. "Until we're educating every kid in a fantastic way, until every inner city is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do."
11. "If I'd had some set idea of a finish line, don't you think I would have crossed it years ago?"
12. "We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don't let yourself be lulled into inaction."
13. "If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure."
14. "Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important."
They say if you want success you should emulate those who are most successful. Bill Gates definitely falls within that category. Let's take these fourteen Bill Gates quotes and learn from them as we celebrate his October birthday.
For more success quotes, check out the popular success quotes section of www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.