Thanksgiving is right around the corner, are you ready? Let's talk turkey, stuffing and, of course, a few great quotes. For all those who want to celebrate all there is to be thankful for, these 12 Thanksgiving quotes are sent out to you...
1. "Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." ~ E.P. Powell
2. "Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." ~ Edward Sandford Martin
3. "How wonderful it would be if we could help our children and grandchildren to learn thanksgiving at an early age. Thanksgiving opens the doors. It changes a child's personality. A child is resentful, negative, or thankful. Thankful children want to give, they radiate happiness, they draw people." ~ Sir John Templeton
4. "The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving." ~ H.U. Westermayer
5. "There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American." ~ O. Henry
6. "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." ~ Meister Eckhart
7. "Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." ~ Erma Bombeck
8. "Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." ~ WT Purkiser
9. "Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time, or a better place to live in." ~ Phillips Brooks
10. "Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~ Melody Beattie
11. An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. ~Irv Kupcinet
12. On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence. ~William Jennings Bryan
So while it's true that Thanksgiving only comes but once a year, we should actually celebrate thanks each and every day. It's just a matter of learning to live with a spirit of gratitude. Let us be thankful for these 12 Thanksgiving quotes.
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at www.Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.