Lessons & Classroom Games for Teachers
ACTIVITY 1 : GETTING ACQUAINTED
OBJECTIVES : To share something about self in a non-threatening way and learn from others.
TIME LIMIT : 30 - 45 MINUTES
A. 1. Form a circle of chairs. Allow the members of the group enough time to know each other by their names.
2. Let them pair off with somebody they would like to know better.
3. Ask the pairs to answer these questions:
WHAT WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT DECISION YOU HAD TO MAKE IN YOUR LIFE?
WHAT WAS THE EASIEST?
GIVE THE PAIR 7 MINUTES TO THINK THEM OVER AND DISCUSS THEM WITH THEIR PARTNERS.
4. Ask the pairs to put themselves in each other's shoes when reporting their reactions to questions. So each starts with " I am ___________ (the name of the partner)........."
5. Allow a volunteer pair to talk about themselves to the group first. Continue until all pairs have talked.
1. Did you find it difficult to share something about yourself?
2. What did you observe in your partner? Did she/he open up easily or did it take her sometimes before she/he could open up? Why?
1. What did you feel after the ecercise? Has it made you more comfortable with each other ?
2. Was there something you learned/discovered about yourself? about others?
COPYRIGHT 2004 FRANKLIN JOHNSON BA,MS