Lessons & Classroom Games for Teachers
Book Review and Reflection
Read a book in English and fill in the following information:
Information about the book
Number of pages:
Please answer the following questions in full:
1. Where did you hear about the book? (library, book store, a friend, home,
2. How did you go about choosing this book? Please be as specific as you can.
Was it your first choice or did you try other books before you decided on
3. Where and when did you read this book? How long did it take you to finish?
4. In what ways can you connect with this book? Give specific information.
5. Choose three sentences that “grabbed” your attention. Write the sentences
including the page and explain with details why you chose each one.
6. Make a list of facts you learned from the story
7. List the characters and describe them
8. List five new words you learned in the book. Write their parts of speech
(Adjective, Noun, Verb, Adverb) from the dictionary and meaning in your
9. What problem or problems does one of the characters have, and how does he
or she solve it or them?
10. Choose one character from the story you would like to be friends with and
11. How did the main character feel throughout the book? Give evidences of
12. Did you identify with any of the characters? Which one and why? If not,
13. Did anyone in the book do something you did not like? Explain.
14. Did anyone in the book do something you liked? Explain.
15. What happened at the end?
16. Write another ending for the book. Explain your changes.
17. Write three events from the book as they happened.
18. What confused you in this book? Explain.
19. What questions would you like to ask the author of the book? Why?
20. Write one other question about the book and answer it.
General Reflection and Feedback Questions on Extensive Reading
Please answer with a yes or no:
1. Did you read the whole book?
2. Should books always be read to the very end?
3. Did you enjoy reading the book?
4. Would you recommend it to your friends?
5. Was a movie made about the book?
6. If a movie were made of the book, would you see it?
7. Did you see a movie based on the book you read?
8. Do you like reading books in English?
9. Do you prefer reading books in another language?
10.Do you read story books in class?
11.Do you read books at home?
12.Do you think reading books is important?
For the online Book Review and Reflection form: