Lessons & Classroom Games for Teachers
Trends, Internet… my life
Type of activity: group work
Level: pre intermediate up to advanced
Aim: To talk about trends and discuss the importance of internet in our life in groups
Preparation: Prepare pictures of computers, mobile phones, some internet users in net cafe’s and so on and some questions on pictures.
1. Show pictures to the class and elicit students’ ideas about pictures and ask some questions
2. Encourage learners try their best to speak more about pictures. Have students guess main topic of the up coming activity.
3. Set groups of four students and give them pictures depicting internet and net users. Make sure that each group has different picture but the same agenda
4. Give time limit and tell groups to make a brief composition about pictures and discuss topic within group in a time limit. When the time is up tell them to present their pictures to the whole class. Each group presents its picture, when one group finishes, the rest of the class will ask questions.
5. Finally the group which is with very prompt answers and confidence will be winner
if any ideas on this activity plz send e-mailto the following address [email protected]
each idea will be appreciated.