English schools in Latin America
The Anglo was founded in 1956 by a distinguished group of Colombian and British citizens. We strongly maintain our traditions of good order and discipline, pride in the school uniform, participation in the House system and respect and affection for our links with Great Britain through representation on its Board of Governors by the British Embassyand the British Council.
At the ’Anglo’ we are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the education of our students and in the service we provide to the school community. We offer the IB Diploma and the PYP and MYP. The school has been accredited by the CIS since 1998. All our graduates enter University in Colombia, Europe and North America. In order to accomplish our objectives the school has 155 teachers of which 50 are British or from other nationalities and the remainder from Colombia. The academic year starts in Mid August and finishes at the end of June; the school holiday periods comprise one week in October, two weeks at Easter, four weeks at Christmas and seven weeks at the end of the school year.
We are a private coeducational non-denominational foundation. There are 1670 students in four sections: Pre-School, Primary, Middle and Upper School, from Kinder to Grade 11 (4 to 18 years). There is a Rector (Headmaster) and one Director for each section.
The cafeteria, transportation, maintenance and security services are managed by the Administration section.
The campus has seventeen buildings located on a beautiful 29.5 acre site in the northern part of Bogota. Apart from the classrooms, the school has 8 Science laboratories, Art, Design and Technology rooms, 3 computer rooms, a gymnasium, 2 cafeterias, 3 libraries, 2 multiple use rooms, a 500 seat theatre, 3 video rooms, football fields, sports fields and large green areas.