English schools in Latin America
AIS/B is a private, coeducational school located in scenic Cochabamba, Bolivia. Developed on 4 hectares of land, AIS/B has a swimming pool, 4 soccer fields, a basketball court, and a beach volley ball court. AIS/B provides education from Pre-Kinder through 12th grade. All grades have access to a media center complete with a ProQuest computer which has over 100 periodicals updated monthly on CD-ROM, and both Macintosh and IBM computer labs with full internet access on every computer in the school. Students whose native language is not English are enrolled in an intensive ESL (English as a Second Language) program.
- a modified Montessori early childhood program
- Phonics Plus Whole Language-based elementary literature program.
- Monterey Reading, Spelling and Math enrichment programs.
- Supplemental SMILE Mathematics program for secondary.
- classes in English and 3 foreign languages (including Mandarin), art, crafts, computer science and dramatic art, Bolivian Folkloric Dance, Soccer, Basketball, Track and Field.
- after school Tutoring Program.
- a bimonthly Parent Newsletter.
- a Big Brother Buddy Program.
- required community service projects at orphanages, as well as the school's Barrio Project.
- a voluntary "Drug Free Club" which allows students to take a stand against drugs.
- a curriculum which is interlaced with human rights education.
- a teaching staff with over 50% of its members holding a Master's degree.
- an Elementary Reading Readiness program to nurture reading for pleasure.
- a unique approach to foster the appreaciation of the Bolivian culture compared to those of our international students.
- a special commitment to communicate and involve parents in their childrens' progress.
- a modern elevator for increased mobility for those requiring access to various floors of the building.